Chapter 61__her heart body and soul

"Adam was even my first love. We have a platonic relationship so I see no reason why I should avoid him",  Mia said.
Zenith pulled the car over.
"Why did you stop the car?",  Mia asked him.
" Mia, should you really say that to your boyfriend?", he asked her.
Mia creased her brows.
"Why? I'm honest with you. Adam was really my first love",  Mia said as a matter of fact.
" So what happened? ", Zenith asked her.
" He rejected me and I moved on. That was all ina high school. Maybe we could have started again when he returned four years ago but then that incident with you happened and I had to leave B-city. We met again when I came back to B-city. There is no kind of relationship between us. I could only say we are friends", Mia said.
Zenith was still uncomfortable.
'So if that incident four years ago did not happen, she would have been with him. Is she blaming me now?'
"So did you think I came between you? You wanted to ignite the fire of love between you two if I didn't appear?",  he asked. " Mia, are you blaming me right now? Did you hate me for that incident that happened? Are you meeting that guy today to start all over?", Zenith threw the questions in his mind to Mia.
"What nonsense are you saying?", Mia couldn't believe his wild imaginations.
" Mia, don't meet him", Zenith stated.
Mia scoffed.
"On what grounds are you saying this?",  She asked him.
" Mia, I'm your boyfriend and I deserves to intervene in your life. Don't meet that guy", Zenith told her.
"Zenith, you can't tell me not to meet friends!",  Mia was getting annoyed.
" You can just tell me not to meet friends too. I will do it. I won't ever mingle with the opposite gender if you told me not to. Today, I don't want you to meet that guy"
Mia shook her head.
"You're so unbelievable and over bearing! I'm off. I will get a cab from here",  Mia said and got down from the car.
" Mia are you really going?", Zenith opened the door and wanted to persuade her but she entered a cab.
Zenith wondered if he did anything wrong. Can't he even have a say in her matters?

*****

Mia wondered if she reacted too strongly. perhaps, she could have coaxed him.
"Humph! It's all his fault! How can he order me around like that. He is so over bearing! It's just meeting a friend and he is overstating it all!",  Mia mused.
She opened Adam's text message and saw the message he sent to her.

****

Mia saw Adam waiting for her in the cafe. He was wearing a clean blue shirt and he looked cool.
Mia walked to him with a smile. He stood up when he saw her.
" Mia", he called tenderly.
"Am I late?", Mia asked him.
He pulled a chair for her.
" Of course not, have your sit", He told her.
Mia sat down.
"You must have been do busy",  Adam said as he sat down.
" Yes, I was", Mia replied.
"I did not plan on staying on set with the crew anymore. I will only take part in the casting and leave the rest to the director and actors. It was really stressful travelling about to shoot at different location",  Mia conversed.
" That's good. You should do that", he said.

****

Meanwhile, a man in a hoodie and a face entered the cafe. He ordered his coffee by the counter and sat down on a table beside Mia and Adams table. He took brought out his phone and pretended to be browsing while his mind, soul and ears were busy eaves dropping on Mia and Adams conversation.

*****

A waitress brought their Coffee and cake.
"You like cheese cake right?",  He asked her.
" Yes. Thanks", Mia said and took the fork. She took a bite if the cake.
"Yummy",  She said.
Adam smiled.
" Why?", She asked him.
"I just find out that you looked cute when eating",  He said.
Mia face couldn't help but turn red.
" Don't flatter me. You were probably thinking that I'm a glutton", She said.
The  man in hoodie scoffed on the other side.
'Did his opinion matters so much to her? She needed compliments and sweet nothings so much? Maybe  I should have complimented her more'
"I'm not flattering you! I'm only saying what I thought",  Adam said as he took a sip of his coffee. He was so nervous. He wondered what her reaction will be. Will she accept to go out with him?
He couldn't think for a reason why she would not. She always confessed to him and she looked as if she still liked him. This thought probably was the confidence he need as he said.
" Mia, let's go out. I will not mis treat you. Let's work things out between us. Go out with me, hun?", he said.
Mia dropped her fork.
It was at that time the waiter brought Zenith's order.
"Drop it",  he told the waitress coldly. She don't know when to appear and disappear.
He clenched his fist when he heard Adams words.
All he want to do at that moment is walked up to them and tell that jerk to stay away from his woman.
He wondered how Mia would reply. This should be good thing to her right? The guy GS her high school crush and first love. Will her heart waver? Will she go back to him.
Adam continued.
" About your son....", he paused. "I wouldn't mind. I will try my best to love your son. I... Mia, you.... We should have gotten together four years ago. You came to that high school reunion for me right? I know your child was a mistake. It delayed us right?  You must be thinking that I'm out of your league now that you're a single mom. Is this why you've been holding back from meeting me. Don't worry, I don't really mind your child. Let's go out",  He added. As Adam said this,he ft as if he was doing Mia a favour. It is as if he was offering a life time opportunity!
Zenith almost lost it.
He clenched his fist.
From the man's tone. It seems Mia used to chase him. It seems Mia loved this man than he thought. Is this why she didn't want to marry him. Did Mia think Chris is a mistake in her life? A mistake that turn her life upside down. Will she take the opportunity to return to her first love?
How much did this man mean to her.
Was he a joke to her all thus while?
How dare that ugly chimpanzee say he will try to love his son. He can love his son by himself!
Zenith waited for Mia's reply.
What will she say? Will she readily agree to go out with her first love?
Will she think of Chris and return to him instead. No matter which angle Zenith looked at it from, he was annoyed.
Mia was only with him for Chris.
That's not what he wanted from her.  He wanted to win her heart, body and soul. He want her to be with him for who he was not for reasons.

🖊🖋🖋🖋🖊

Sighs.

✍: Ifeoluwa Rebecca Ayanboye