Chapter 54__Don't stop me

The shoot ended well and the actors were all in a good mood. A lot has happened during the shoot and it has not been easy.  They decided to hold a dinner at a club house later when they returned to the city. They choose a date.
"Make sure to come. The dinner is for the crew and cast",  Director Zander kingston told all of them.
Everyone greeted each other and they were almost reluctant to part with each other.
Jay walked to Mia after he had greeted those he wanted to greet.
" Mia, have you decided on your next work after this?", he asked her.
"I'm thinking of signing with a company and write online. I may write some scripts as well though",  Mia replied.
" Oh! I think this movie will be a hit. If it hit well, you will probably be sought for so I will say you shouldn't hurry to sign with a company", Jay told her from his own perspective.
Mia nodded. She agreed with him.
"I will miss you. Who will I disturb after this? Let's meet often okay?",  he told her.
" Okay", Mia smiled.
They both turned when they heard someone clearing his voice behind them.
"Mr Baxtar",  Jay called.
Zenith nodded at him.
" Mia are you finally done with the shoot? If you are, come with me. We need to go back home"
"Why are we in a hurry?",  Mia asked him.
"I've reserved a restaurant for you. It's my birthday today. My friends are calling me out but I don't wish to go out with them. I only want to eat with you",  Zenith said.
Jay felt awkward. As a guy who is having relationship problems, he felt that this dog food us really sour. Only if he and Cynthia could be like this.
He excused himself.
" Mia see you tomorrow during the dinner", He said and walked away.
Mia gave him a smile.
She turned to Zenith.
"Happy birthday. You should have told me, you know",  She said. " I would have prepared a gift", She said.
"Accompanying me is enough",  he told her staring into her eyes.
Mia felt that if she didn't retract her gaze, she might drown.
She looked away.
" If you say so"
Mia heart was thumping. She wondered if there is something wrote g with her heart. It doesn't listen to her anymore this days. It is more like a malfunction.
This past few days, Zenith had been accompanying her in the country side. Whenever she tried to confuse him to go back  home, he would tell her to let him be.
He will say, "It's my choice to stay here.  Wooing a woman is not a crime. I told you, I will do anything to win your heart. So please, don't stop me"
Mia wouldn't lie. She had been flattered.

****

Mia returned to the city with Zenith.
They went to the restaurant he reserved and had dinner. Mia liked the restaurant setting and she ate well.
"Happy birthday Zen",  She said. " I don't have a gift now. What do you want? I just felt that I have to give you something.
"If you really want to give me something then grant me a wish",  he told her.
" A wish? What wish?", She asked him.
Zenith smirked.
"I will save it for later",  He told her.
" Okay but whatever you want to ask must be in my capability", She said.
Mia knew he had high standard and he might want to ask for something she couldn't afford so she made it clear.
"Alright",  was the man's response.
On their way home, Zenith stopped at a shop to get ice cream.
" You want to buy ice cream for  Chris? That's good, I..."
Mia was saying when Zenith cuts in.
"I'm not buying ice cream for Chris",  He said.
" Then?", she asked
"I want to get it for you. You've not had desert",  he said.
Mia turned pink when she heard that. Is he  flirting deliberately?
" Oh", was all she could muttered.
"So what flavour do you like?",  he asked.
" Mango flavoured", Mia replied.
"Do you like cheese cake?",  he asked her.
"Hmm",  Mia felt like a child. She had no one to dote on her like this. Yanis always held out his hand for her but she had refused to take it. She didn't want to have anything to do with him because of his mother.
Zenith got down from the car.
" Zen", Mia called.
Zenith paused.
"Hun?",  he asked.
" Can you get a strawberry flavoured ice cream for our little guy at home?", She asked him.
written by; Ayanboye Ifeoluwa Rebecca
Zenith felt good when he heard those words, 'our little guy at home'
It felt s if he was an item with Mia.
"Okay",  he said and closed the car door.

***

They got home and it was quite unusual. The butler did not come out to welcome them.
" Are they not around? What happened?", Mia asked.
Zenith smirked. They must be trying to surprise him.
"Tsk tsk tsk, stop it already! So childish and obvious",  he said.
Then the lights came up and they saw everyone on the stairs. Rosalind us holding the cake as they sing a birthday song.
" Hip Hip Hip!"
"Hurray"
Reina walked down and hugged Zenith.
"Happy birthday my son",  she said.
"Today is the remembrance if your day of suffering mum. Thank you for driving Me into this world",  Zenith said and pat her back.
" I really suffered then. You are quite a big child"
Everyone laughed.
Zenith whispered into her ears.
"I will get a maid to bring a parcel into your room later. You deserve a gift",  he told her.
Reina smiled.
" Brother, we've been expecting you. Let's go eat dinner", Rosa said.
"I've eaten with Mia",  he said.
" What? Your grandma asked everyone not yo eat and wait for you", Frank is annoyed. He had wanted to have his dinner but his mom insisted on waiting for the birthday boy and now the boy had already eaten out. So annoying!
Written by: Ayanboye Ifeoluwa Rebecca
"I have to grab the opportunity to eat with Mia. How many times will I see such opportunities?" Zenith asked asked
Frank scoffed.
Be took the lead to walk to the dining first.
Chris on the other hand ran to his mother.
"Mom! I miss you",  the little boy said.
" I miss you too son. More than you do", Mia said.
"Mom got ice cream and cake for you. Go and eat dinner first. Let your mum go and wash up",  Zenith told Chris.
He turned to Mia.
" Go up first. Chris will go eat"
Mia nodded and walks up the stairs.
Zenith turned to Chris.
"Little boy. You need to help dad........."

***
Mia had just came out of the bedroom when Chris came in.
"Mom",  the boy called.
" Yes Darling "
"Tonight, I want to sleep on the same bed with you and dad"
.........

🖊🖊🖊🖋🖋🖋

What is father and son planning?
I think Chris will spoil things for Zenith.

✍: Ifeoluwa RebeccaAyanboye