Chapter 1: First Day, Bad Day.

Isabella's POV

" Get your ass down here, now! " My body jolts up at the sound of his voice.

My father. Well, more like a stranger to me. He's been aggressive ever since my mother passed away, it was two years ago, when I was 21. We were all in her new convertible, celebrating, because she had a new job. My father was the happiest man alive, then, now he's broken. Because of my mother. He loved her very much and vice versa. Love is very powerful.

" Isabella! Get down, you b*tch! " Uh-oh, he's furious.

I could hear the frustration weaving through his rough voice. This is not good. My footsteps are almost inaudible compared to his fierce voice.

Once I reach the bottom of the stairs, I immediately look at the floor, scared to see what he wants. " Yes, father? "

His voice penetrates through the room, " It's sir to you."

I nod, glaring at the floor, " Yes sir. What is bothering you, sir? "

He chuckles humourlessly, " What's bothering me is the fact that you sit on your lazy ass all day, doing nothing. I know you're a worthless piece of shit, but at least make your self useful by getting a job."

Tears build up in my eyes and I have to bite my lip to stop the sob that's crawling up my throat. " Yes, sir. I will go and find a job right now."

He grips onto my arm harshly, " It better be a good one, not a toilet cleaner. Oh no, you can't even qualify for that."

Father snickers at me before walking into the living room.

I walk towards the coat hanger and take off my leather jacket and my side bag. It's Summer time, thankfully, so I don't need to wrap myself up in layers. I slip on my peach coloured flats as I walk towards the front door. My father doesn't even let me go out much, only on the weekend, but I choose to stay inside. There's nothing to do anyway, I have no friends, no family and no life. I'm worthless.

Pulling out my sunglasses on the sidewalk, something hits me on the shoulder, and it's hard.

"Very sorry, miss."

My eyes lift from his black shoes, up to his face. I smile at the man,"It's okay, it's my clumsiness."

He chuckles and shakes his head, " What might you be doing today? "

I put my sunglasses on and secure the strap on my bag, "Oh nothing. Just searching for a job."

He raises his eyebrow, "Really? Well isn't this a coincidence? I am finding a new secretarty for Mr Taptiklis. Would you like to sign up for this job back over at the work place?"

I purse my lips, "Are you sure? I-I mean--"

He cuts me off by taking my hand,"I am very sure. Come with me."

What if he's a serial killer in disguise, or worse? Oh, stop worrying. This is what stops you from big opportunities, now don't worry. Just go for it. Yeah, let's just do this. He looks like a typical worker for a businessman anyway. We hop into the sleek black car that shows up on the kerb. Then we head off.

-------- AT TAPTIKLIS INDUSTRIES -------

Woah...literally everything is made of glass here. This industry must be huge. Loads of people bustle around in pencil skirts and suits and ties. Now my confidence is falling, a business like this...I wouldn't be able to apply for this. I can't...father will kill me and I won't be able to survive on my own. I have no one.

The man leads me to an office, "Mr. Taptiklis is in there. He is a very demanding man."

And leaves me in front of the door of the world's biggest billionaire. I take a deep sigh before knocking on the door, I hope he likes me as a secretary.

"Good Morning, sir. My name is Isabella Williamson and I was hoping to get the job of being your secretary."

Mr. Taptiklis looks up and burns holes through my eyes. I can feel his eyes scanning me from head to toe, and I feel like running out of my own skin.

"Hmmm...Bella. There are rules to being my secretary. Sit down and I will explain." Only my mother used to call me that.

I just realise how beautiful he is when I sit down in front of him. Strong jawline, glowing skin and mesmerising green eyes. He leans forward, almost as if he's going to kiss me, but I know that he isn't. His hot breath fanning my face.

"Work starts at 8:30. I want coffee with two sugars every morning. Go home when I tell you to. Most importantly, listen to me."

I nod and gulp, not that I'm afraid, he just reminds me of my father. Fierce and harsh.

"Y-yes, sir."

He shakes his head,"Call me Nikolas."

I begin to protest,"You are my boss, Mr. Taptiklis, I shouldn't."

He rubs his jaw and sighs in frustration, he does look hot, but he's my boss.

"Did I not just tell you the rules of being my secretary? "

I nod my head,"Yes, sir."

He slams his fist on the table, making me jump back,"Then obey me. Call me Nikolas."

I nod my head,"Okay Nikolas. What shall I do for you? "

His eyes flicker to my lips and then back up,"Order a table for two at a restaurant, Bella."

Tears brim in my eyes as he mentions that nickname again. I was hoping he wouldn't notice, but he does and he doesn't look happy about it.

"Bella, why are you crying? "

I shake my head and yet again, he slams his fist on the table,"Answer me! Why the f*ck are you crying? "

My heart deflates for her presence. Why did she leave us? Why does God hate me? Why? My caring mother...
"N-nothing. I-I must go."

Before I move a muscle, Nikolas is beside me, hovering over me.

"You are not going anywhere. Just tell me what's wrong and I will let you work."

Sobs rack through my body and a huge lump forms in my throat. "M-my mother called m-me that..." There was silence as he steps away from me in realisation.

I hope people like this book. I'm a bit scared it won't be as good as the other billionaire books, but I am not the world's best author.

#Ash

₩ M.B.B ₩