Chapter 30: Shrimp Shocks

Isabella POV

Nikolas stalks my footsteps as I make an unsuccessful mission to leave this place. Nikolas is most definitely letting his dark side over power him, especially if he is allowing those accusing words to slip out of his mouth. I mean, would the soft and selfless Nikolas act in that agitated way? I don't think so. Nikolas isn't like that, Nikolas would act calm with things like that. I'm afraid of him becoming a green-eyed monster.

" Bells, baby, y-you know that I didn't mean it....don't you? "  Just the evident emotions that are thickening his voice creates his expression, which is hurt and disappointment. His voice appears with a sincere touch to it, and he almost makes me give into his effective words. And I don't want to do that, because he will then believe that he can tamper with my emotions and I will always forgive him. He will use that as an advantage, but then again, that's what couples do when in a relationship. They fight, then they make up, that's if they're meant to be.

" Nikolas, it's fine, I forgive you. Just...try and control your words next time."  My hand automatically clamps over his sturdy shoulder, comforting him and myself for some balance that I usually lose when I get lost in his oceanic eyes. There has never been one moment where I haven't fallen into his enchanting trap. " Thank you, my love, you are so forgiving, and that's what makes you amazing." Nikolas' eyes soften as his gaze fixes on my face, the intensity he is radiating is gradually and irritably consuming me. It is irritating because I can't recognise the feeling he is sending me, it makes me feel uncomfortable yet absurdly safe.

I am aware that these emotions are completely contrasting, but I only speak the truth, this is what he makes me feel. Confusion floods my mind. And I have never ever been so confused about my feelings in my life, especially my feelings towards a man. Nikolas Taptiklis is an adventurous, mystical, unique, striking masterpiece of a man...and there is no way I am going to let him out of my grasp, unless his actions force me to do so.

For now, he is mine.

      《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

" Bells, do you possibly w-want to go out for a meal tonight...? I mean, y-you don't have to, it's just a sugges-" Nikolas' hand is currently occupied by his nervous yet adorable actions. He is rubbing his neck and his words are a bit unclear because of his stuttering. So instead, my hand envelopes his as a reply to his question that he is so anxious to ask me.

" Is Nikolas Taptiklis asking me out on a date? "  My instincts allow my eyebrow to be raised as I teasingly ask him a question that requires an answer that he most likely doesn't want to admit. He doesn't want to admit it as he probably thinks it may deflate his egoistic mind, but he knows that sometimes he doesn't always get his way with me. Last time I warned him that I am not like other women, who easily give in to him, and he seemed to absorb that well.

" Well...y-yes...I suppose."  Again, his cute and nervous expression re-plasters his face to support his reluctant answer. " Of course I will go on a date with you, Nick, and you are so adorable when you are nervous." My teasing giggles cause Nikolas' soft lips to curve into an amused smile, his eyes glistening with joy. The pad of Nick's thumb gently rubs the back of my hand in circular motions. At this moment, I fail miserably in attempt to prevent a smile from stretching across my lips. " You really are something, my Isabella Williamson."

This causes my heart to wildly thump against my weak chest, which already feels like collapsing. Why does he he always make me feel such a way? A way that causes me to feel like my whole body is going to malfunction? A way that makes my knees shake uncontrollably. He has this control over me that no man has ever had. It's because...I don't even know...he's just breath-taking and intelligent. Yes, I may sound like a love-struck teenager, but Nick does bring out the best in me.

" I could say the same thing about you, except for your egoistic mind."  I expect him to defend himself and deny my words, but instead, his cocky smirk widens even more and it seems as if it is tiring out his cheek muscles. See what I mean? This man never fails to inflate his ego even more than it already is. However, I don't think it's possible to expand his ego as it is as vast as Europe. " You forgot to mention my super sperm, Bells."  My feet stumble a little after I hear these words leave his mouth. Damn, I bet his sperm is super...

Shit! I said that aloud. " Yes it is. Do you want to taste them as proof? " Nikolas cuts into the conversation I am exchanging with my uncontrollable mind. A blush hastily crawls up from the nape of my neck, and it takes its place on my cheeks. What is this man doing to me? Does he not realise? And something that has never happened to me before, happens to me. A sensual, pleasurable feeling stirs inside me, that's when I realise that his effective words are making me feel this way. My knees occur to be knobbly and wobbly.

" I-I need a cold shower, Bells, in the meantime, you should get ready."  It surprises me that the only words I catch from him are 'cold' and 'shower,' and that foreign stir unexpectedly occurs once again.

      《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

Nikolas POV

Damn, I am glad that I had a cold shower, otherwise my 'situation' would be too noticeable, and Bells would be wondering why. Earlier, her blush got me hard, and I couldn't control it, especially in front of her.

" Wait for the food, Bells, it's so nice, you'll be shocked."  Bells just came back from the toilets, and in that time, I had ordered because I know what tastes best here. Tonight, our date is in a seafood restaurant, I thought it would be different and refreshing, and Bells isn't against seafood as far as I know.

Bells nods obediently as she takes her seat opposite me, her actions are so swift and smooth, like an angel. No matter how many times I call her that, it never wears out, because she is beautiful. The definition of beautiful. Actually, the dictionary should edit the meaning and replace it with her name, at least they're not lying. The way she moves is just fascinating, I could sit in front of her all day and watch her do things, and not once will I have the urge to yawn. That is how interesting my Bells is. And nobody is taking her away from me.

" Sir, you're meal is ready, would you like your dessert to be served now or after? "  The waiter's moustache leaves Bells and I in laughter that may explode any moment. There are some droplets of oyster sauce sliding down his thick moustache, and when he leaves in a flash, we erupt into fits of laughter, we even have to hold our stomachs to stop the pain. Bells' face brings me back to my senses, as always, and so we compose ourselves for our meal.

I glance at the platter, there is a metal cover over the platter in order for the food to stay warm. And I can't be any more happier than I am right now, the delicious food is going to be a huge surprise for my Bells. I can't wait to see her bright face light up like the fourth of July. " Bells, trust me on this, it's amazing."  Her innocent eyes are live with curiosity and they sparkle in excitement, but that all falters when I remove the metal lid from the platter. Shit, does she not like shrimps? Oh my God, you totally messed up, Nick! My scolds don't do me much good as the glowing colour of Bells' beautiful face drains in a second.

Her shoulders slump as soon as her back hits the chair, she looks so pale. What the f*ck has happened to her?! Is she dead?! Before my thoughts run too far, I force myself towards Bells, kneeling beside her like a beggar. " I NEED HELP! "  My gasps appear to be short and snappy, and it seems as if all the air is knocked out my system. All eyes are on the scene of me holding Bells as if my life depends on it. Well, it does, because she is my life. I am too caught up in the moment to realise that my vision is becoming clouded by my salty tears, and I manage see a few people frantically yapping on the phone. My large hand flies to cover her cold, chalk white cheek, and my tears mark her ice skin.

" Bells, baby, don't give up on me. Come on, baby, do this for me, for us." Arms shoot towards Bells' limp body, and as much as I want to keep her in my grasp and never let go, I allow them to help her. With a spark of hope that she will be okay.

I am so sorry for the long wait, yes, I shouldn't have an excuse for updating so late considering it's the holidays, but chores are being thrown at me from left to right and other shit. So, there's your unexpected chapter, lol, and see you later!

#Ash

☆ M.B.B ☆