Chapter 29: Forget It

Isabella POV

" Listen good and proper, woman. I am not taking any orders from you, and I am certainly not firing my secretary. I've warned you already, do'nt boss me around because you have no right to. Alright? " When he told Cassandra that I was his secretary, an icy bubble grew in my hollow stomach. Is he ashamed of me being his girlfriend? Is that why he isn't telling Cassandra about our relationship? Is it because I am a low class person and he is a Greek king?

Cassandra's lips are pressed into a firm line that is almost invisible. You can clearly see from her agitated expression that she isn't doing a great job at controlling her relentless anger. " You don't deserve any money, but I have to do this as it is the law. Now I am saying this in the most polite way possible. Can you please allow Annabelle to take the job of being your secretary? You will not regret it, trust me. She is a hard working person, she is amazing."

A spark of hope ignites Cassandra's beautiful yet devilish orbs. Her wicked smirk instantly tells me that there is something hidden, something that we do not know about. And I certainly do not like this feeling. This also may sound cocky, but I am never wrong when I believe in my instincts. It's a gift from God. My instincts always lead me to the right path, no matter what goes wrong, everything works out fine in the end of it. And that's why there is a knot of dislike expanding in the pit of my gut.

My inner voice is yearning for my mouth to spill all my thoughts and emotions. It may sound ludicrous to Nick and he may not take any second thoughts in allowing Annabelle to take the job as his secretary. That is my fear, this is why my heart is preventing me from telling Nick. Should I? We are in a relationship, and we must be honest to each other in order to keep it healthy. We are not ruining what we have now. Not at all. Nikolas acknowledges my feelings for him and I am conscious of his desire towards me.

The main issue now is about my job. How will I cope with a low wage if I lose my job as Nick's secretary. Surely Annabelle is rich, especially if she is involved in the business world. Her father may not have money, but she is most likely living on a throne of old gold. And here I am. The girl with no parents. The girl with no money. The girl with no life. The girl that nobody cares about. The poor, helpless girl.

A soft, comforting hand sketches circles on my thigh, hauling me back into the harsh reality. The harsh part is Cassandra Perkins, the woman who is not considering my struggling situation in life, the woman who isn't aware of the purpose why I have taken responsibility of being Nick's secretary. " Bells, what is wrong with you? You are completely enticed by a piece of wood." Nikolas' charismatic laugh that is packed with amusement pierces through my endless train of useless thoughts. I don't dare to look up to see who is in the café, I'm afraid to catch Cassandra's acetous and acidic glare that is beginning to become extremely intolerable.

" No, Nick....I'm just exhausted...these seats are utterly uncomfortable." My constant fidgeting and body language clearly show that the seats aren't great. Nikolas' captivating chuckle relieves me a little. Cassandra isn't here, she's gone back to her stuck up little family, the incosiderate ones. My arms automatically wind together over my chest; Nick notices the meanings in my actions. A concerned expression is conspicious on his Greek God face that anybody would worship. Nikolas is striking. Beautiful. Atttactive. Handsome. No words can describe him, but this isn't why I want to date him. It's because he makes me feel like jelly, he causes my mind to malfunction and break down.

This is why I want to be with him. Why I want to explore his eyes that hold nature. They whole the greenery I have never even dreamed of. The oceans from the four corners of the Earth. The one thing that I can't grasp is how he is causing me to feel. The bubbling senstations that unknowingly erupt in my stomach. Also, he somehow has helped me find my true self, he's helped me believe in myself when I had no hope, and I cannot find any way to thank him.

" That b*tch has finally gone. Now we can have some time for ourselves. What do you want to talk about? " Nikolas absentmindedly takes my hand, and his usual smile appears on his handosme face, I don't think he is aware that he has my hand. It's quite cute that he is already acting like we have been together for a while, and I appreciate the passion he is putting into our relationship, because we both know that he never has been serious with women and their hearts, and so it must be difficult for him to handle.

" Nick...I know I may sound absurd but I think Cassandra is up to something. I have this feeling...and I don't like it, Nick. She's hiding something from us and it's not good." My strained voice causes Nikolas' head to wildly whip in my direction. Curiosity and realisation evident in his world-widening eyes. Nick's adam's apple bobs up and down as he takes a huge and audible gulp, as if he's anxious of what is yet to be said. Why would he be feeling like this? Does he intend to break up with me?

" Bells, maybe you're just not used to people like her. I admit, she may be demanding, but I'm not one to talk. Anyway, you will soon be comfortable with her as we will be seeing her more frequently at the office." Nikolas traces articulate patterns on my hand, his igniting touch is soft and gentle, like a baby's smooth skin. You do not know how much his touch drags me away from the topic I was willing to dwell on. It's like there is some magic that accumulates his fingertips, awaiting to use its power.

" N-Nick, that's the issue. I don't want to see her at the office nor do I want to become comfortable with her. Yes, I may sound judgemental, but these are my instincts and they always are honest. I understand that this is all because of the money that the Perkins owe you, but she doesn't carry a great vibe around." Nikolas suddenly stops the invisible sketches he has constructed on my hands, his eyes swirling into dull balls of greenery.

His head drops down so his intense gaze is boring into my searching eyes, he seems expressionless, like he used to be before we became close. And it's like he is a different person. Not my Nikolas Taptiklis. The heart-breaking, inconsiderate, arrogant and cocky billionaire. How could it all disappear in the blink of an eye? How is all of that progression of his personality vanished? " Bells, I think you are just jealous of Annabelle because she is going to be my new secretary." At this moment, my organs twist frantically, all my feelings disposed by the rush of my bubbling blood.

" You know what? Forget it, Nikolas." And with that said, I walk away with the thought of Nikolas Taptiklis bringing back his old self.

#Ash

@ M.B.B @