Chapter 6: Sparkless

Isabella POV

What is wrong with him? He can't control my life, just because he's my boss, it doesn't mean anything except for working matters. Don't you agree? He's pathetic! I have a right to date who I like because I am the one that's going one a date with Daniel. How it affects him, I don't know. Then he was saying that I can't trust a man outside his office? He's not my husband, he doesn't need to be protective of me, I am his ordinary secretary.

"Nikolas, I want to go on a date with Daniel, it's none of your concern. You're my boss and I'm your secretary, we are not married or anything, so there's no need to be so overprotective of me. And I will attend the date with Daniel." 

Nikolas sits there with a fiery glare simmering in his eyes.

" I am not allowing you to, stubborn Bells, you need to learn when to listen. I am your boss and what I say goes, so if you are planning on leaving before 8.00 to get ready for your date, I won't allow it. We have work to do."

What work? I see no work that needs to be completed, he's just trying to stop me from going to that date.

"Can I have some work, then?" 

Nikolas motions for me to sit closer to him, reluctantly, I shuffle directly in front him.

So now the desk is inbetween the both of us.

"This is going to be verbal work, alright? Now...I am going to hand you these papers, and you need to say the country aloud, so I can type it into my laptop. Understand?"

  He's treating me like a kid.

I roll my eyes, "Of course I understand. It's a simple instruction." 

Nikolas raises his eyebrow,"So when I told you that you can't go on a date with him, you didn't listen, but that was a simple instruction. Care to explain that, Bells? " 

I cross my arms over my chest, "You are a difficult man, Nikolas." 

He chuckles lightly, "I am no difficult man, you just choose my harsh side." 

I roll my eyes, "So I am the cause of all your bluntess? Yeah right! I apply for this job and then you act all closed off. What's wrong with you? Because it certainly has nothing to do with me."

Nikolas raises his eyebrow, "Are you serious? You are so slow, Bells." 

What? I don't know the answer to his bipolar attitude.

"It's because you're bipolar, isn't it? " 

Nikolas erupts into never-ending laughter,"W-what are you talking about? Bells, you are really oblivious." 

I sit there in confusion, trying to guess what his problem is.

"Okay, you have serious anger problems, so you try and be careful around everyone so you don't go balistic?"

Nikolas sighs, wiping tears from his eyes. This man is unbelievable. He's been laughing so much, he brought tears to his eyes.

"You never fail to make me laugh, my Bells." 

I scowl at him in disgust,"I am certainly not yours, Nikolas Taptiklis." 

He smirks in response,"You will be mine soon, Bells. Oh and I like it when you use my full name, it sounds better off your tongue." 

After those words leave his mouth, I stand up, "I am going to go, now. You are being very unprofessional for a boss. Nikolas, I am going home early, I'm getting ready for my date."

Nikolas leaps up from his seat,"No, you are not! Don't even plan on it, Isabella! " 

I raise my eyebrow,"Or what? You can't do anything about it because this is my personal life." 

His eyes grow so dark that it's hard to look at him, he makes his way around his desk, "Please, Isabella. Listen to me, you're allowed to go on that date, but please don't do anything stupid. Please, Bells, promise me." 

Can you believe it, Nikolas Taptiklis pleading me? He sounds like he's about to break down any minute.

"Is Mr Billionaire begging? " 

Nikolas' expression stays mobile, his eyes still pleading,"N-no. I just want your word for it." 

Huffing, I nod,"Alright. I won't do anything anyway, but I promise. Don't worry." 

His expression twists into a small smile,"Good, Bells. Thank you so much."

Nikolas steps forward and lifts his hand, like he is about to hold mine, but chooses not to.

"Yeah...it's okay...I should go and do some work..."

Nikolas nods,"Let's carry on with our work, Bells."

Oh well...I guess it's all over now. Nikolas has stopped his bipolar incident and is allowing me to go on a date with Daniel. That's good, but I still don't understand why he's so bipolar.

"Okay, but I must leave at 7:45 in order to be ready for my date."

Nikolas rolls his eyes, he abruptly grumbles,"Fine...Bells." 

Nikolas has gotten used to that nickname so much, he calls me that all the time, unless he is very serious.

"Thank you, Nikolas, you're actually being kind now..." 

He raises his eyebrow mockingly, "What are you trying to say?" 

I giggle at him and sit opposite him, ready to complete the work.

Nikolas pushes the pile of papers towards me, amd I begin to read the information for him.

"Mexico...Cuba...Croatia......Brazil and....Thailand. Why do you have all these countries listed? " 

Nikolas points to the papers, "These tell me where my business is rising. I have to create a table of all these results so I can present it to my clients. Every year we have an update of the increases to show the progress of them. It also supports the companies positively."

Woah, I didn't know they went throught this much just because of a few papers. That sounds like masses of work. Then again, Nikolas' life is work. Literally.

             ~~~~ ON THE DATE ~~~~

"These desserts are very...exotic." 

Daniel points out as he shoves a spoonful of mango and blueberry ice-cream. Also, peaches and strawberries are popping out of the whipped cream.

"Y-yeah...umm....it's very delicious." 

I force a smile at him, while devouring my mouth-watering hot cookie and ice-cream dessert.

The date has been going well, we ate together, talked about each other and whatever else you do on dates. But one thing is bothering me. Whenever he touches my hand, I can't feel any electric shocks or sparks coursing through my body. I don't think Daniel feels them either, but he is still smiling and enjoying the date. This is most likely our last date together, although we've had a great time, it could've been better, but Daniel made me smile in a friendly way. There's no doubt that we will be great friends, but he's not my type. We're sparkless.

#Ash

● M.B.B ●