Chapter 8: Not Intentional

Isabella POV

He's being wierd now. I can't deny that he is making me blush and that I can feel butterflies in my stomach, but I still don't like him. I am supposed to be working, not listening to his flirtatious words.

" Mr. Taptiklis, we must work."

He straightens his posture and glares at me, his eyes stare into mine,"Don't call me Mr. Taptiklis, it's Nikolas to my secretary." 

I prevent myself from rolling my eyes by moving my mind to another subject. Nikolas rises from his leather seat and I hate to say this, but he looks like a Greek God with only the New York lights shining on one side of his perfectly-made face. What on Earth am I saying about him? He's m-my bloody boss! Darling, you know what you're saying. Don't try and turn it into hate.

"We are going to the boiler room. Tom wants me over there because something has gone wrong, I need to check it out so I can let the others know. The guy that normally controls the boiler room, Dave, he is on his honeymoon, so we don't have his assistance." 

My face contorts with confusion and I'm pretty sure Nikolas notices because he raises his eyebrow.

"Is there a problem with that, Bells?" 

Yeah, he still calls me that name, he's such a pratt.

"No, where is this boiler room? "

Nikolas grins giddily and grips gently onto my arm, I try to free myself, but he reassures me.

"It is not far, my Bells. Don't worry, we'll be back in no time."

Nikolas pushes his door open slowly, and we hear it squeak behind us as we walk further away from it.

"Nikolas, you can let go of my arm now." 

He shakes his head, refusing,"No, I don't have to. You don't know the way." 

He is ridiculous, he just wants to annoy me even more,"There is something called following, Nikolas." 

He shakes his head and mutters,"Not to me there isn't." 

I decide to end our 'conversation' there because he wasn't going to stop talking back to me and vice versa. It isn't my fault that he has this nerve to irritate people.

Nikolas lets go of my arm, letting it swing as he lets go, I rub my wrist even though his grip wasn't rough.

"This is the boiler room," Nikolas glances back at me to see my expression, but I don't look surprised.

The room is full of switches and machines that Albert Einstein's generation would only know how to use. Seriously, the large machines makes an olverwhelming feeling swash through my blood.

"Woah...this is really big..." 

Nikolas chuckles and nods at who I assume is, Tom, "Thank you. I shall sort this out myself, Tom." 

Tom smiles slightly and walks out of the door without hesitation.

The only bad thing about standing in a boiler room is that it is extremely baking hot. My body is already reacting to the temperature of the room, because I can feel the warmth spreading throughout my body.

"Nikolas, it's really hot in here, don't you think?" 

Nikolas turns from the machines to face me,"Bells, it is a boiler room." 

I roll my eyes as she turns back to the machines so he doesn't scold me for being disrespectful.

"I know that, but still."

I hear a deep but light chuckle from Nikolas.

Nikolas walks over to a small mahogany desk that is situated in the left corner of the room. He begins to loosen his black tie, his eyes focusing on how his hands work around the tie. My eyes make their way to the different machines beside me. They all have labels on them, saying what room they control, regarding the heat temperature. How could someone understand all this? There's just too many microscopic buttons and knobs to work with. No wonder Dave went on his honeymoon during his working days.

When I turn back around to talk to Nikolas, all I catch is his perfectly defined chest. My eyes travel down to his sculpted abs-- No! Don't even think about him like that. Oh poor Isabella, don't try and hide your feelings. What?! I don't have any feeling for this cold and heartless man. And I never will.

"You could take a picture, it would last longer, Bells." 

Nikolas chuckles amusingly, which follows with his signature smirk that is so se-- Isabella! Yeah, sometimes I have to scold myself for things like this.

"Oh whatever, I've seen better than that."

Nikolas raises his eyebrow, hints of jealousy flashing in his eyes.

"If you say so, Isabella." 

He's definitely jealous because whenever he's feeling angry or negative, he calls me by my full name.

"I am not lying. It was my ex...he was so amazing...but then he left." 

Nikolas' eyes harden in jealousy and anger, I see his fists clench and he tightens his jaw. I love seeing him like this, all jealous because of another man. The truth is that I never had a boyfriend because I was too interested in my education to care about any relationships.

Nikolas stays silent, not speaking a word, I can tell he's trying to calm his nerves. Why is he jealous, anyway, since when did he care for me? Nikolas Taptiklis is a heartless womanizer that doesn't care about anyone except for himself and his money. Nikolas begins to tether with the knobs and switches. My body is heating up even more now, I have claustrophobia, and whenever it is hot and tight, I have panick attacks.

"N-Nikolas...c-can't breathe..." 

My voice is just about audible, but he surely hears me because I see black two black spots before my whole body collapses.

Nikolas POV

"N-Nikolas...c-can't breathe..." 

Is all I hear before I hear something collide with the floor. I turn around to see what Bella has done now, but all I see is her body sprawled on the floor. My heart beats ten times faster, and I can feel my own body heating up. My legs drag me to her body before my brain can process what is happening. My hand snakes around her neck and I lift her head up. My index finger flies to her wrist, I move my fingers around to feel her pulse and thank the God, her heart is still beating.

"Isabella...babycakes, come on...get up."

She doesn't move a muscle. F*ck, she passed out because of the heat. Is she claustrophobic or something? Get her to the hospital, hero. Sh*t! I pick her up bridal style, but before I do, I throw on my shirt and tie. F*ck my blazer, I've got 200 of those, the cleaners will give me it anyway. I run out of the building with Isabella in my arms, she needs medical attention. My chauffeur is always in the car, on the pavement, waiting for my needs.

I jump into the car while Bells lies on my lap.

"Hospital! Quick!" 

I didn't mean for all this to happen. I just wanted her to talk to me like friends would, but she isn't interested in me. The plan was to get her in that room so the only thing she can do, is talk to me and get on with me, but everything good that comes my way gets wrecked up by something bad. That's because my life is a mistake. I don't deserve anyone, not Matt or Bells. Nobody.

I just want some love...

#Ash

● M.B.B ●