Chapter 28: The Deal

Isabella POV

" καλημέρα, Bells." Nikolas' deep, rumbling voice drags me out of my relaxing sleep. His voice is already husky, but what makes it more enticing is the Greek word that slips off his tongue so easily. His long, muscular arms are still securely locked around my waist, and I don't think he plans on shifting them anytime soon. Our position right now feels so right, although our relationship has just begun, it seems as if we have been together since we first met. And it feels amazing.

" I'm guessing that means good morning? " My voice appears slightly raspy because of the ball of phlegm in my throat. I feel his chuckle spread from his chest, and his hard chest vibrates underneath my head. " Did you have a nice sleep, baby? " His husky voice causes my heart to deflate in pleasure. He sure knows how to make a woman fall for him. All he needs is his sexy voice and superhuman good looks, he's the true meaning of handsome. We don't shift an inch from our position, because I want to cherish this moment as we may not be able to relive this moment again.

" Yes, Nick, I did. What about you? " I can picture his usual signature smirk dancing along his thick lips. I know him too well. Nikolas sighs, and for a moment my thoughts fall into the hole of negativity. What if he has changed his mind about me being his girlfriend? What if he wants his old life back? As a player? Is he going to leave me like every other woman he has hurt?

" What's wrong, Bells? You are scaring me, baby." His fingers gently trace circular patterns on my cheek, his tender touch leaves blotches of tantalizing tingles on my skin. A sigh of pleasure escapes my mouth before I can stop it, and I feel Nikolas' muscles relax from his tense condition. " Nothing, I just hope we can do something fun today, except for work. But there is a meeting with a client, so we can't." I twist my body around, and now my head is level with his bare chest. Nikolas lifts my chin up, so I can look into his gorgeous blue eyes.

Our breathing patterns are matching, which you may find strange, but I think it's cute. But what is cuter is that Nikolas still has his arms around my waist, he surely doesn't want to let go. " The client's name is Cassandra Perkins, I heard she is a very busy woman, and Mr. Kingston wanted me to agree to this deal as he says it is a once in a lifetime opportunity." Which I don't think it is. However, Mr. Kingston has been there with me for years, so I owe him more than my life.
" I like that name, Cassandra, I bet she is a beautiful woman." Nikolas rolls his eyes playfully with a little smirk on his pretty face. Whenever he has those little devious smirks, you instantly know he is about to say, it's either a remark to boost his egoistic mind or a compliment that causes you to blush as red as a baboon's ass. Or maybe worse than that... " Nobody can be as beautiful as you, though." He soflty plants a passionate kiss on my forehead, nose, cheek, and finally my lips that are longing for his touch. His magical touch that puts me under a spell that can't be broken.

" You always say that, and you don't know how cheesy that sounds." Playfullness is crystal clear in my eyes, but from examining Nikolas' expression, it doesn't seem like he is on the joking page with me. He looks a little offended from my words, and the hurt he feels is blinding him from what he really sees. " Nick, I am just joking. Yes, it's cheesy, but adorable." The second the truth is revealed, Nick's eyes light up in utter delight, his pain washed away in a flash. It's so overwhelming to know that I have somebody to count on in my life, somebody that I can trust.

Me being in a relationship with Nikolas means that I can tell him anything and he will keep it a secret, he did that with our friendship as well, so there was no doubt about him being trustworthy. It feels as if a weight has been lifted from my shoulders, and I can finally leave my mind to relax and expand. If anything, I am glad that Nikolas is the one who is with me, because I don't think there is anybody more caring and sweet than his beautiful self.

What is even better is that Nikolas doesn't have any family, well not that I know of, so this is a mutualistic relationship. We care fore each other. We do things for each other. Not just for one of us. For both of us. Equality and fairness is vital in a relationship. However, Nick and I never worry about that because we already possess those qualities, especially for each other. It is like something natural for us, we don't have to try and be kind to one another or caring, it is just in our hearts naturally.

《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

Nikolas POV

" My name is Nikolas Taptiklis and this is Isabella Williamson, my secretary." Cassandra is neatly presented with business attire, the usual pencil skirt and crisp blouse. From the corner of my eyes, I notice Bells sending me a strange look, maybe because the change of my voice, but I'm not sure. It appears as intimidating and deep, full of darkness. Bells isn't used to my business voice because I always control my actions around her, because sometimes I am afraid that I may loose her because of my careless actions.

Cassandra slowly leads Bells and I to a four seater table, which is situated in the brightly lit corner of the room. My mind is forcing my hand towards Bells' hand, but I eventually beat myself to it. I can't let Cassandra know that I am in a relationship with my secretary, she will not take me seriously and that can lead to losses of deals, which will create a bad impression on Taptiklis Industries. Bells petite hands are shoved deeply into her pockets of her blue jeans.

Bells seems reluctant when she takes a seat next to me, her actions are full of caution and awareness. It scares me. Why is she being like this? Does she want Cassandra to see that we are not close or that we aren't friends? If so, why would she intend to make her believe that? In the morning we were perfectly fine, like a real couple. What has crossed her beautiful mind now? Is it because she realises that I am too cold and that I am just going to hurt her like all the other women? She needs to think again...I haven't been with another woman since Bells skipped into my life as my secretary. She wouldn't think that, would she?

The sound of throats being cleared pushes me out of my endless reverie. My gaze diverts to Cassandra who sits opposite me, a disapproving glare is evident in her pale grey-bluish eyes. You can tell she isn't a patient lady. Her sparsely freckled fingers irritably tap the oak coffee table in an impatient manner. " Ignoring a woman who is about to offer a huge business deal to you? Some gentleman you are..." Cassandra's hard and ignorant voice cuts through my thoughts. Mr. Kingston needs this deal and so do I, I can't let him down because I owe him many favours.

" Sorry, Miss Perkins, how are you? " My signature smirk naturally takes its spot on my face, which displays a facade of apologies. In the corner of my right eye, Bells' corners of her lips slightly curve upwards, she's trying to fight the smile that is being created by me. I know it. " I am doing good, thank you, now I would like to discuss the deal. I don't want any interruptions when I tell you about this, is that understood? " My scolding thoughts thankfully prevent me from lashing out on her. You have to do this for Mr. Kingston. Bells' index finger gently strokes my hand that is currently under the table.

" Can I just tell you something about myself? I don't like people bossing me around, now can you please tell me the business deal." My business voice disguises my sharp and abrupt tone, and Cassandra seems to excuse that and continues with a deep and intense glare that is aimed at Bells. What has she got against Bells? Does she know her? Doesn't she like her? You shouldn't care anyway, Cassandra is just someone who has a deal for you. That's true. Cassandra is just giving me a deal to handle. Is Bells involved in the deal?

" Mr. Perkins, my father, owes you a certain amount of money. The only way he can give you that money is by paying you monthly, but now he is in his old age, he doesn't have time for money, so my sister needs a job in your business. Her name is Annabelle Perkins, she is 24, and she is going to earn the money my father vowed to give you." The woman's facial expression twisted as she spoke with conviction, but her body language tells me otherwise, hesitant. Cassandra's gaze stays fixed on Bells for some absurd reason, it seems as if Cassandra is targeting her, but that sounds pathetic because she doesn't even know Bells. Or does she?

" But there's one other thing, Annabelle has to be your secretary, my father requested this, Miss Williamson has to find another job or she has to be jobless. I'm sorry, but my father said if you don't do this, you will not be paid a cent."

Is she forcing me to fire Bells?

#Ash

% M.B.B %