Chapter 41: Mended

Isabella POV

Nikolas slowly stands up, managing to control his stance. His right hand lifts up to wipe his wet eyes, preventing his tears from ruining his beautiful face. His eyes gradually travel from the fragments of glass to my concerned eyes.

" Nikolas, you're not yourself," my voice warns with evident worry.

His sore eyes dilate in fury. Nikolas smashes his tightly-clenched fist onto his glass desk, causing the desk to shudder in utter fear.

" No! You don't understand, I fucking love you. Last night was hell for me, I could hardly think properly knowing that I had broken your heart. Bells, just hear me out...let me love you."

His voice vulnerably quivers, his mind unfamiliar with admitting any type of feelings towards anyone. Let alone a woman whom he loves. This moment feels like a movie, the focus shifting back and forth, from me to Nikolas, our heart beats merely audible in the background. It doesn't take much time for me to fully process his sincere confession.

" N-Nikolas, I love you too..." The words stumble out of my mouth.

His dull green eyes begin to restore their joyful spirit, a lopsided smile beginning to plaster itself on his face. It seems like this is his happiest moment in life, his heart, mind and soul beaming with an ear-to-ear grin. And believe me, seeing him happy makes me sigh in contentment and satisfaction. It's a beautiful sight and a beautiful thought, knowing that he is currently dwelling on the epicentre of his happiness.

" Can you please take me back, Bells? I never meant to hurt your feelings, I will love you forever and always, trust me. I'll love you so much that you will never want to leave my side. You're in my heart, Bells, and I don't plan on removing you from it."

Nikolas takes his time in walking over to me, avoiding the broken glass which is scattered across the floor. I feel his hot breaths continuously fanning my face, reminding me that he's here with me. With me. My heart beat rapidly increases, my blood finding difficulty in carrying oxygen around my body. What the hell is he doing to me? God, help me in the presence of this beautiful creation.

" Y-You need to stop all this drinking first... i-it's not good fo-" My broken voices rips through the air, the nervous stutters audible in my voice.

His bloodshot eyes cloud with sincerity, " Now that I'm with you, I won't be drinking. I'll have you to intoxicate me."

His soothing voice causes my knees to wobble uncontrollably. Why does he do this to me? Why is it that when we argue, he always makes me run back to him? It's like he possesses these miraculous powers, God damn, he's perfect. He won't do this again, he's sincere in what he said, I know it. I am going to give him another chance. He will listen this time, he will not let me down, I know it for sure.

" Okay. I am giving you another chance, so please use it wisely."

《 《 《 《 THE NEXT DAY 》 》 》 》

" We should go to the park or something....it's kinda boring stuck st home."

His mere suggestion causes a light bulb to continuously flash above my head. Maybe we should go to my mother's grave, he deserves to know what happened to her. He is the only one I have, so he needs to know.

" Do you want to meet my mom? I haven't paid her a visit in a while," my voice full of hope and wonder.

His head whips in my direction as I mention my mom, his eyes light with the sparkling image of an everlasting sea. His eyebrows begin to crease and confusion takes a place on his face.

" Oh, yeah, of course. Let's go now actually, we can grab a coffee afterwards," his words continuously stumbling.

A small smile tugs at my lips and his lips seem to mirror my expression, although I sense a feeling of nervousness within the atmosphere. Gosh, he's cute, my mum isn't even here and he's anxious to meet her. He nods his head towards the door, indicating that we should leave now. As he makes his way to the door, he puts his hand out for me, a simple act of kindness.

" Come on, then, let's go," Eager weaving in his deep voice.

Hand in hand, we make our way towards the car, the sparks inbetween us are still alive and bright. Even from the touch of his hand, he cause my mind disperses into a thousand dirty thoughts. This man is transforming me into a sexually disturbed woman. Nikolas drags me out of my train of thoughts by putting my seatbelt on. Bloody hell, when did we get in the car? I didn't even realise.

" Thanks, Nikolas," my voice still sounding like I am in another world.

Nikolas' husky laugh once again rips through my reverie. God, just the sound of his laugh cause me to ovulate.

" Woah, really? Your laugh gives me a hard-on," he seems so entertained by what I said, ugh.

Involuntarily, my hands shoot up to cover my scarlet-painted face. Nikolas turns on the engine, the sound of the car and his teasing laugh travel with me as he drives.

        《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

Nikolas POV

You're just putting danger in Isabella's way, leave her alone and you'll find that nobody will bother you. To be honest, you can't even protect your own mother, forget Isabella.

Daniel Jackson

What the fuck? How did that Daniel get my number? That sly prick, oh, I can't wait to crush his bones. He's threatening me and telling me that I have to stay way from Bells? This guy has some guts, he's doing that to my mother and now he's trying to threaten me about my girlfriend? Is he trying to make me suffer by taking everybody in my life away from me? This twat has another thing coming.

" Bells, when did your mother die? Last time you told me briefly but I can't recall everything you said," patiently I wait for her response.

She has her head on my shoulder, we're both sitting down on the grass, staring at the grave. This grave makes me think of all the hardship Bells had to go through, all the grief she locked inside her precious heart.

" It's been two years...though it seems like eternity. I haven't seen her glowing smile for two long years, she had to leave me, didn't she....? "

Her voice begins to crack, tears sitting at the corners of her eyes.

My hand strokes her thick hair, " No, Bells, don't think like that. She's still in your heart, she's still-"

Her sobs rack her fragile body uncontrollably, tears dropping onto my black suit trousers. All I can do is comfort her, I don't think words will help her recover from these severe scars in her life. Why couldn't I have met her earlier? So I could save her?

" S-She was an a-amazing woman, Nick, she never hurt anyone. Why did everything end up like this? I-It's not fair! "

Maybe I should take her to the coffee shop, I don't want her crying too much, she might get a headache. As I rock her back and forth, her cries begin to falter and fade, silence gradually engulfing her sorrows. She pushes her hair out of the way, so I can see her beautiful, crystallised orbs. Even when she cries there's love in her eyes.

" I think you should get a coffee now, to calm down a little, otherwise you'll get a migrane."

A reassuring smile plasters itself on my lips.

" Yeah, w-we should...Nikolas, w-what did that text message say earlier? "

#Ash

☆ M.B.B ☆