Chapter 32: Trust Me

Isabella POV

What am I going to do? Nikolas wouldn't understand as he is going to benefit from it. God, kill me now so I don't have to live a terrible life. I can't stand that Cassandra's face, I don't like to judge people, but she is a woman of foul manners and demands. I am aware that Nikolas is holding a deal with the Perkins, but he seems to give in too easily, but he also has to because half of the money he is going to receive is for Mr. Kingston. And Mr. Kingston has a heart of gold, he's sweet and caring, and has been a great father to Nikolas.
" Bells?! Why are you crying...? " Nikolas' voice displays evident worry as his question floats warily into the thick, humid air. I almost feel a wave of sympathy wash over me, but it's too quick when disappearing, so I can't feel it. I shouldn't feel any sympathy for him. He is the one agreeing to that deal. He didn't even want to back down from it. It's all for Mr. Kingston, you can't blame it on him, he is just returning a favour. That is utterly true. Nikolas is returning a favour that means a lot to him. It must mean a lot as Mr. Kingston was like a father to Nikolas, he most likely still is, especially the way they were so comfortable with each other.

" Bells, you can tell me anything, was it that Cassandra? Huh? " Nikolas' hand finds my shoulder in the darkness, he didn't even bother to switch on the light as he frantically entered, I don't know why. " Bells, please answer me. Is it something else that's been on your mind? " He taps my shoulder lightly, after a few silent seconds, it appears to be irritating, yet strangely comforting. Like a secret sequence to open the doors of my heart. The secret sequence that only he knows. The secret that allows him to enter my soul, mind and body.

" Y-you know t-t-that girl, your n-new secretary? S-she is g-going to t-take my place...s-she will flirt with y-you and o-one day, y-you will give i-in." My words stumble frantically and nervously out of my mouth that is currently releasing relentless sobs. My breaths are quick; I find it difficult to take deep and calm breaths. Nikolas gently twists my body around, so my eyes are level with his, and so the concern is more evident in his piercing orbs that seem to burn my soul.

" Isabella Williamson, how dare you think like that? All my life I have been waiting for someone like you to cross my path, and here you are. Now you're officially mine, do you seriously think that I would consider letting you go? Hell no, never will I ever do that, unless you force me to or something else happens....but otherwise, I am in this relationship for as long as it can last." Every single word releases from him like pieces of a Holy prayer, sincere and pure. His twinkling green eyes stay gazing into mine, and the emotions that are bottled up inside of them are screaming to be released. I can see it, I can hear it, I can feel it. All of the emotions that he has kept inside of him for all these years are yearning to embrace freedom.

" If you want this relationship, you must trust me, and vice versa. So that can be our base, our foundation. Stage one is being able to trust each other with anything. Obviously if you're not ready to tell me something personal and sensitive, then I'll be patient, and the same goes for me. Okay? It's quite simple, my Bells, just trust me." Nick's deep voice is thick with seriousness, and you can see the evident promises swimming in his nature-like eyes. Now I realise that he is with me for as long as we can last, which is hopefully much longer than his one night stands. This will make me trust him more, and not just with being honest, but also the secrets that are deeply embedded in the hollow depths of our hearts.

" Okay, Nick, we'll do that. Just try and avoid Cassandra when she is seeking for a visit, her presence isn't at all enjoyable." Nick's light chuckle lights up the dingy, dark room, and it seems as if his green eyes aren't eyes, but glistening emeralds that will not fade. This is all I need for a bit of comfort. Nikolas' presence. His warm eyes. His dancing smile. His husky, deep voice. His welcoming embrace. His soul. Just one of these things would be enough for me. That's how much he affects me. How much he affects my heart. It's quite evident that there is a special bond that we have created, and it's our choice to expand and stretch that bond as much as we can. And that is what we are willing to do through this relationship.

" I know, baby, I know...has anybody ever told you that you have the kindest heart? " His voice clear with sincerity and...something that isn't recognisable, something that I haven't come across in a long time. It's been so long since I've been able to receive and return that feeling, and now I'm unable to even place my finger on it. Maybe it's something related to the unexpected fact that I was crying over him. My possessiveness is gradually releasing from me as Nick and I get closer in our relationship.

" No, Nick, but you're the only man I've met with a heart of gold. The first time I met you, my assumptions were proven by your actions, but when we got closer in work, you began to redeem my trust. And now I am currently being treated like a chest of gold. Thank you for the things you've done for me. Thank you so much." All throughout my little lecture, Nikolas' eyes don't shift, and the intensity he is shooting at me is causing my skin to erupt in invisible flames and fireworks. A chuckle rumbles inside Nick's chest, and escapes hastily from his voice box.

" Don't thank me, if I care about you, then it's my responsibility to look after you. And I do, I care about you so much, more than anybody else in my life. You don't have a clue on how much my heart yearns for you, Bells. You have absolutely no clue..." He breathes deeply and closes his eyes, in attempt to compose himself. Why would he need to do that? Maybe he is just cherishing the moment. Maybe he is thinking over this. Maybe he believes that we are a couple who can work things out perfectly fine. Which is absolutely the truth.

" Okay...can we do something interesting? And maybe tomorrow we can go out to the beach and watch the sunset. That'll be beautiful...." I suggest dreamily, my voice eventually fading with the thin air. Nikolas' eyes are still on me, the fiery, blazing senstation still dominating my skin. What he does to me is unexplainable. God, damn him for having such power over me, this is insane. I seriously can't be dealing with him if he is planning to stare at me like that everyday. His gaze is so powerful.

" Anything for you, Bells. What else do you want to do? You name it, and we're going tomorrow." His large hand is gently stroking the back of my petite hand, in a comforting manner, an affectionate action of reassurance. " Ummm...maybe the fun fair? That's if you're up to it, I'm not forcing you." The words hastily rush out of my mouth, in attempt to hide the evident desperation in my voice. Nikolas' built shoulders shake as multiple laughs roll off his tongue. A small smile pulls at the curves of my lips. The sight of Nikolas finding happiness is just relieving for me, the relief is as natural as everything. I like seeing him happy. No. I love seeing him happy because it also makes me feel the exact same way. Not just that, it's also because I know he is okay, and I know that there is nothing he can possibly worry about.

" What kind of boyfriend am I if I'm leaving my girlfriend to go to the fun fair alone? Are you crazy? This is going to be counted as a date, therefore, I am taking you to the fun fair." All I am doing is just staring at his masterpiece of a face. Just from looking at his alternating expressions, you can create words from that. That's how well I know him already.

And I'm planning to learn more....

#Ash

* M.B.B *