Chapter 36: Changes

A/N: Alexandra Daddario is acting as Annabelle Perkins. I love her so don't think I have chosen her as Annabelle because I hate her. I think she's an awesome and pretty actress, that's why I chose her.

Isabella POV

" Ah, great! A disadvantage to come back...I don't have a job anymore." Nikolas chuckles lightly as he throws on a blue shirt. While he's getting ready for work, I am just sitting down in boredom, wishing the day will finish in a flash. What else am I supposed to do? I have no job, meaning I will have no money. I know that Nikolas has money, but I don't want to act like a woman that is only with him for money. I want him to believe that I am with him because I like him, and no other reason.

I want to be independent. I don't want to rely on people in life because I know what I'm capable of. " Bells, I have a surprise for you...Come on. Dress smartly, quickly." A huge smirk is plastered on his face, and I instantly know he has something in mind. Still, I don't understand why he is in a good mood. Is he glad to see Annabelle? He has a surprise for me, that's why, it's not because of his new secretary. " Is the surprise related to Annabelle? " Nikolas' face contorts into a disgusted expression, his brows knitted together and a frown etched into his face.

" Of course not.....just wait and see. You'll be very happy about getting another job. I'm sure of it, baby." His previous expression transforms into a small, knowing smile. He knows that this surprise is going to be successful, and so do I, because he has a huge smile on his masterpiece of a face. " I can't believe you, Nick, why do you always treat me nicely when I hardly do anything for you? " This thought has been intruding my mind quite a lot lately, and I want the answer to it. Yes, I know he has feelings for me, but he can't be that serious about his feelings for me. I mean, he does like me, but how can he like someone like me? A poor, hopeless, foolish girl.

Oh mushrooms....I said that aloud. " I don't know why you doubt yourself like that. You're everything I want! You really need to see the things that I see in you, maybe then you will stop talking about yourself like that. Just think about it." His voice is strained. You can hear the hints of hope weaving through his soft voice. " Get ready." His tone appears blunt and flat, as if there are no more emotions to be leaked out in front of him. His hooded eyes have now replaced those endlessly calming ones. Everything is back to what it was like before.

Did my thoughts affect him that much? I don't think it has. Why is he so angry then? There's nothing else to worry about except for what you have just said. You have done the damage. God, I'm such a foolish person. How could I deflate his feelings like that? Which girlfriend makes their boyfriend upset and angry? He doesn't even need me, like, what do I do for him? Nothing! I don't give him money, or help him. I'm useless.

Nikolas POV

I can't believe she doesn't know how much I need her. God, she thinks so low about herself, but it isn't her fault. It's her father's fault. All those years he has been feeding her insults and lies that lowers her self-esteem, and she is just going to continue that if I don't put a stop to it. She will only do what she has been taught, and that is to believe what her father has told her. Bells....why did she have to go through all of that trouble? If I had met her sooner, I could have saved her from that wretched father of hers.

Although this doesn't change my emotions. Right now, I am angry at her. Angry at her for not controlling her thoughts in front of me. By this time, she should know that I don't like it when people talk badly about those I love, especially herself. I'm glad that I spoke that way, because now she will consider what she has just done to me. She has emotionally hurt me and I don't think she realises it. Maybe she just needs time to discover what she really is, she hasn't been in a relationship before so maybe that's why she is so open about her thoughts.

" I'm done, Nikolas, are you ready? " Her voice is laced with curiosity and innocence, just like an angel's, and for a second I forget about how I am disappointed in her. Just her voice sends an undeniable need through my body, and it certainly does drive me insane. But I can't show her that. She has to learn how to love herself. Then I will officially be the happiest man alive. You can't blame Isabella, her father has been insulting her and forcing her to believe all of those foul insults he has thrown at her, so it isn't her fault. That's true....I shouldn't be so hard on her, it may ruin our relationship which is the last thing on my list.

" Yeah, let's go." Bells' sweet smile causes the corners of my lips to lift, and I attempt to hide my smile, but I fail miserably. A laugh that sound like jingle bells escapes her lips, which causes me to smile even more. Why does she always make me smile? All those girls in high school never made me feel this way, so why am I experiencing this now? Is this a different type of lust....or love? There's no such thing though, and there will never be such thing. Love was once the centre of my life, when my Mum was alive, but now it's nothing but a floating particle in the thin air.

Bells and I sit in the car, and I notice Bells' hesitant actions. I know she's upset that she is not my secretary anymore, but there is seriously no need for her to be upset, and she will see why when we reach my building. We whizz past cars, buildings and trees as I drive at the speed of 60 mph, which is not acceptable on this main road. Well, I have some business to get to, so the police can f*ck themselves and eat donuts.

" Chill, Bells, I only do this when I am in a rush. And right now, I am in a blooming rush." Bells rolls her eyes at me and holds on to the arm rest of her seat, she's just being melodramatic, and I am it even driving that fast. Oh bells, how you entertain me. The car comes to a halt as I slam down on the brakes. You might be wondering why I am driving, and it's because most of my chauffeurs are on vacation. I thought I'd give them some time off.... I'm being honest now, Bells convinced me to do so, not because I wanted to, but you can't blame me. I'm a billionaire.

As we hop out of the car, a screechy voice pierces through my ear drums. " Oh my God! I can't believe I am actually going to work for you, Nikolas." Oh God. Let the Suffering Games begin. Bells turns to look at me to send me a sign of annoyance. This causes me to internally laugh, and I make sure that I don't laugh in her face, otherwise the deal will be finished. And that will be terrible.

" Hello, Miss Perkins." My little greeting doesn't seem to satisfy Annabelle because a small frown appears on her powdered face. To be honest, her face looks like a child's colouring book. Her lips look like they have been blown up with an inflator, her eyebrows are the size of slugs and her cheeks have so much blusher on, it looks like a child has painted them with an excessive amount of tomato ketchup. The amount of make up on her face is sickening and horrid. Girls like her wear make up to hook up with guys, but Bells doesn't need make up. She has natural beauty and the only guy she has hooked is me, and it will always be me. And I'll make sure of it.

" Oh, I thought we were friends, not on the surname basis. Remember? When you texted me and said that I was your friend? " This b*tch is telling white lies, so she's not just an ugly face. Bells sends me a side glance of annoyance and continues to walk into the building. " I would like to do my work now, so if you'd please excuse me." Her sluggish eyebrow raises and she questions craftily, " I thought I was your work? " This woman has the dirtiest mind, and it's extremely disgusting. If Bells heard this-- Bells! Shit. My feet automatically guide me to the building and I hear the irritating click of Annabelle's heels follow me.

" Isabella? Where are you? "

#Ash

( M.B.B )