Chapter 33: First Isn't The Worst

Isabella POV

" The amount of spinning on that ride has me going dizzy..." A little giggle escapes my mouth as Nick's signature smirk is once again plastered on his flawless face. " Do you want to go on another ride, Bells? " His smirk grows even more until it seems as if his skin is on the verge of tearing apart. These kind of smirks sends me the vibes of his dirty mind. His perfectly shaped eyebrow is raised in a cocky manner, his self-absorbed personality totally reflecting his facial expression.

Nikolas keeps a firm grip on my hand, he's always keeping me close to him, always the possessive man I know. Sometimes it is cute, but sometimes it is a little irritating, knowing that someone is watching you most of the time. " Let's go on that roller coaster, " Nikolas seems to find my excitement quite amusing because I catch his sweet smile stretching across his face.
And I'm making sure that I'm placing his smile in my mental memory box.

A sickening sweet voice stops our walk towards the next ride, and Nikolas turns around immediately. A small frown drooping the corners of his lips down. This woman is probably onw of his ex's or one night stands, but when I rotate my body around to see who she is, my heart skips a beat in shock and fright. She looks a little like her witch of a sister, the sparkly blue eyes and light brunette hair. Her hair falls in bouncy curls, past her shoulders. Her skin tone is a tad bit fairer than Cassandra's, but you can instantly spot the simalarities in their features.

" Hello Nick and ex-secretary. Oh, by the way, you're in for a big surprise. Wait until I work for you, Nick, ex-secretary isn't going to like it." A smug smile dancing across her Kylie Jenner lips. Normally, I am not very judgemental, but from what I see, she seems like all of those other secretaries that he fired before me. Nikolas' grip on my hand tightens as he steps back, away from Annabelle. Nikolas growls angrily, his face tinting in a light red, " You're not needed here, Miss Perkins." An internal chuckle erupts within me as Nikolas scowls at Annabelle. The way his features contort into a disgusted expression, as if he's just seen the most sickening person ever. Which he has.

" Awww...I thought we were going to have some fun...you know, you winning me a giant teddy or something? " She is trying to insinuate herself and Nick dating, but we both are aware of the low chances. She's just trying to get under my skin, that's all, she's just trying to anger me. And she is certainly not getting that reaction from me, unless she goes too far, which I doubt she'll do. The woman wants attention from Nick...she can keep dreaming. Nick would never ever go back to his old ways of one night stands. He knows not to, he knows that it's better to stay away from that stuff now.

" Miss Perkins, don't try and get me angry because you will not like it. So don't talk to me until work starts. Thank you," Nick's deep voice is urging to burst into flames and fury, he's holding back for my sake. I know it. The most worrying problem is that Annabelle is seeing us right now, on a date, in a fair. She'll definitely try to tell the workers of Taptiklis Industries about Nikolas and I, and they will all spread nasty rumours about me, and Nikolas will eventually believe that all I am is just a money-sucking leech. What will happen then? Nick will leave me, he will fire me from my other job, then what will I do? There's absolutely no way that I would survive without money of my own.

My father will be the same, if not, worse...What will I do? God help me, please, help me. Father is going to disown me because I don't have a job, what am I going to f*cking do?! Bells, you're worrying too much, she will not utter a word to the workers. Nikolas will make sure of it. I know that Nikolas wouldn't let her get away without a warning. My conscience is correct. I am over thinking this situation way too much. " γεια σου..." Nick's deep voice reassures me even though I don't understand a word he's saying. It's his warm breath that tickles my ear and my neck when he's so close to me.

" γεια σου...Bells," Nick breathes as I slowly absorb his powerful presence. God...Nick makes me feel something. I cam't deny that, but what is it that he makes me feel? It must be something, surely, because he even displays the unrecognisable emotions in his twinkling eyes when he talks to me. Should I ask him what he truly feels for me? Or shall I wait a little longer? Until our feelings get stronger?

《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

Nikolas POV

For some absurd reason...I can't stop thinking about what Annabelle said. About the surprise...what does she mean? There must be something in her evil mind. I mean, the second I glanced at her I knew she was like all my other secretaries, except for Bells, obviously. Bells is nothing like her. Annabelle is a sl*t that wants attention, and the only way she can get that is by dressing shamlessly and by caking her face with makeup.

You know who she reminds me of? The woman I loved 4 years ago. She was pretty and all, but her personality wasn't amazing at all. The woman didn't even love me, and I was so stupid to think that she actually did, and so I gave her all I ever had. All the love that I held in my heart, I gave it all to her. And guess what she did with it? She tossed me aside like nobody's business. And that's when I lost it. That's when I became the world's most known player.

The only thing on my timetable was breaking girl's hearts. Over and over again. But now Bells has come and knocked me out of my trance. She's brought me back to my senses. And she's showing me her true emotions, whereas she didn't, she showed me nothing but how much she wanted money and fame. That's all most women want these days...money, a f*ckboy, fame and makeup. It's very rare to find someone like Bells, that's why I don't want to loose her.

So when Annabelle comes to work, Bells is going to get another job, but she'll be paid more than Annabelle. And nobody will have any say in this as it is my money and my company. Also, I need to ensure that my Bells isn't too far away from me, because someone can hurt her. And then I may loose her. And then I'll be alone. Again. So Bells is going to be given an easy job, right next to my office, that way, nothing can happen to her. If Annabelle attempts to speak or lay a finger on her, her salary will be decreased, and if she complains, I will explicitly warn her about our rules.

My phone vibrates, notifying me that I have received a message. My business phone is in my bedside table, along with Bells' phone that I bought for her. Talking about Bells, she told me earlier that she wanted to stay in Hawaii for one more day, and then go back home. I told her that I would arrange the flights as soon as possible.
The message reads,

Hey Nick, I forgot to ask you something. Are you sure Isabella isn't a money-sucking leech like that other woman you loved?

Love from Annabelle Perkins

#Ash

£ M.B.B £