Chapter 25: Confirmed

Isabella POV

All that is audible is the loud thud created by Nikolas' body hitting the floor and the banging throb of my beating heart. " I warned you, Bella, I did."  His creepy voice subsiding the devilish smirk on his lips. This man had many shocking surprises for me, and this one is triggering my anger the most. This person I onced called father has just shot someone, someone that is close to me. Someone that is making a huge impact on my life. And now he may not live to hear my thanks and unspoken confessions.

" You were once a father to me, but not anymore. You are nothing but a heartless, foolish and arrogant man. Ever since mum passed away you have been everything but a father to me. Now let me take care of Nick." Nikolas groans and it is then that I realise he needs urgent medical attention. By now my face is bright red, a mask of worry and nervousness. Unsure of what to exactly do, my hand stretches for Nick's phone, which is in his pocket. My fingers are completely out of control as they frantically stab the tabs on the phone.

The ambulance's number appears above the tabs, and I know that it's ringing. My hand shifts to lay on Nick's abdomen, where the bullet penetrated through his skin. Nikolas should be the last one to deserve this, hell, he doesn't deserve this at all. I do. He's my father and my responsibility, not Nick's, and he surely shouldn't be the one suffering the consequences. My eyes divert to where my father is standing, reluctantly glancing to see his triumphant expression, but he's not there. The b*stard has escaped. He has escaped like a sly fox, the snidy person he always has been. Why couldn't I be in his condition? Helpless.

This image in front of me. The image of Nick on the floor, his injured self lying in pain, his groans full of agony. It only makes me want to hurt the person that caused this. And that is what I am going to do. That's my aim. By the end of this day, the stubborn man I called father will be stuck behind metal bars. All because of this damage he has done to Nikolas. You love him, and that's why you are mentally hurt. Is this the real answer to my unspoken questions? Nikolas' intense gaze lifts from the floor to focus on my face. The only emotion that is visible in his mesmerising eyes is...love. Wait, no, N-Nikolas is probably dreaming or hallucinating. Yeah, that's right, he is hallucinating.

A voice in my mind repeats, 'You keep telling yourself that.'  Why am I receiving messages from my heart? People always say, ' Whatever comes directly from your heart is sincere.' This must only have one confusing yet honest meaning, but as always, my laborious brain cannot ever place my finger on the emotion or feeling. And I don't know why.

      《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

" Nick, I am going to chuck him in jail. That dog will never bother us again." My hoarse voice breaks and crackles as I make my words certain and clear as a crystal. It's from all the continuous crying. Yes, I know, it is only a bullet in his abdomen, but seeing Nikolas in pain is more than enough for me to start my waterworks. And they are worse than the Niagra Falls. Nikolas glances suspiciously at me, his frown remains stable as he examines my expression. " Were you crying, Bells? "

Even if I was the greatest actress in the world, Nick would be able to read my emotions the second he takes a look at me, because he knows me so well. These few weeks that I have been working for him, he has developed the ability of reading my thoughts, feelings, emotions and face expressions. " Nick, seriously. Why would I be crying over my boss? It's not like I am your stroppy girlfriend." Something from the pained look on Nick's face tells me that he is affected by my untruthful words. Nikolas' eyes swirl with pain, and I don't know if it's pain from his injury or the pain from my words, either way, it seems as if it is overpowering the control he has over his heart.

" Is that all I am to you? After all these things I've done for you...protecting you from your father, giving you a job and being nice to you, this is all I get? I have the pleasure of being your boss? Me being your best friend would also be an understatement. Damn, don't you f*cking get it, Bells? I like you, and all this bloody time I have been trying to deny it, but I needed to tell you this. I f*cking like you so much. The second you stepped into my office I felt this vibe and I recognised that you carried it around. You still have it now, and it's a really positive vibe. And I wanted to know you, but I pushed the thought aside. Now I regret it, and I don't just want to have the title of being your boss, I want to be more, and I need your permission. Will you do the honours of being my girlfriend? "

My mind, brain, feelings and emotions are now unsure of everything that Nikolas has just said. Except for my heart. That is the only organ in my body thay is beating with energy, energy that is telling me that Nick is the one who can give me love. Maybe his words seem overwhelming and tedious to me because love is an emotion I have abandoned ever since my mother's tragic accident. That one word that Nikolas has just said causes my heart to swell. Although his speech started off with rude, rhetorical questions, it's so romantic.

" Yes, Nikolas, I will be your girlfriend, but only if you....kiss me."  The nanosecond those words flee from my mouth, Nikolas' expression transforms from depressed to a child that owns a house made of candy. His beautiful eyes contain everlasting delight, and it's obvious that it's because of my agreement of officially being his girlfriend. He opens his mouth like he is about to say something, but chooses his decision by shifting his gaze to my lips. My hands trail across his slight stubble on his jawbone as he presses his forehead to mine. His lips meet mine.

And I am already in Heaven.

#Ash

$ M.B.B $