Chapter 2: Dinner Disaster

Nikolas POV

Oh...her mother used to call her that. Shit. What happened to her mother? She passed away, Sherlock. Oh, shut up! That must be really painful for her. Especially because she's a girl, and they are very emotional. I don't know if I should comfort her or not, I mean, I did hurt her. She is really different from the other women. She's beautiful without makeup, she's not like those bimbos that cake their face with makeup. They all flirt with me and hardly ever get work done, Bella is eager to work.

" I'm sorry, Isabella. I didn't know, she's in a better place now." 

I don't attempt to hug her or show her any affection. " Have you ordered the table for two? " 

She shakes her head. She could've at least done that. Look at her state, she's not interested in booking tables. That's true. Maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on her, she's delicate and fragile, she's broken...Don't even go there, Taptiklis. It's your family's fault, don't point the finger at yourself. Will you shut up?! My conscience just annoys me, I attempt to ignore it, but it comes back no matter what.

" Are you up for dinner? " 

She shrugs and manages to force a smile, " Maybe...shall I book the table?" 

I nod, " It must be in a fancy restaurant." 

She raises her eyebrow, "Why fancy?" 

I internally groan and stammer, " Just order the table." 

She looks away from me and opens up a spare MacBook that is placed on my glass desk. She thinks she can take anything she wants? Woah, this woman has guts.

"Did I ask you to take my laptop?" 

She shakes her head, " No, Nikolas."  I raise my eyebrow, " Why do you think you can take my belongings? " 

Her eyes are still sore and red from crying, but they twinkle regardless.

" Sorry, Nikolas."  She whispers, almost inaudible.

" You better be, now book that table now. It better be for two." 

She nods but doesn't say anything. Bella stands up and walks towards the telephone that is attached to the wall. She begins stabbing at the buttons on the telephone and carefully puts it to her ear. Who the flip is she calling? 

" Did I give you permission to call off of my telephone? " 

She looks up like a deer caught in headlights and shakes her head vigorously.

" No, Nikolas, but I must inform my father of my absence. He will be worried." 

Her eyes tell me otherwise, but she manages to force a smile. Sometimes, people want to be happy, even if it's not real. I don't even know this woman yet, but I can read her like an open book.

" You can call off my phone, Isabella." 

She looks like she is about to protest, but chooses not to. Good choice, Bella.

"It's Miss Williamson and thank you, Nikolas." 

Isabella walks towards me cautiously, scared that I might do something to her. She looks so cute. Darn it, there's no such thing as love, don't fall for another stupid woman.

I run a hand through my hair, hoping my nerves will calm down. I cannot fall for another woman. I forbid my heart, life, mind and body to. I am never going to fall in love, because it's impossible for me to do so, there is no such thing as love. It's all fake shit. Love is a painful lie that hurts every soul, strong or weak.