Chapter 37: Changes Part 2

Nikolas POV

" Isabella? Where are you? " My worried eyes scan the building for her, scared that something might have happened to her. I don't care if I sound really protective, I will be protective of my Bells, because she is mine and will be forever. I would do anything for my Bells, so I don't care if I sound like a love sick puppy. Wait....did I just say love? D-Do I love her? No....I mean....there's no such thing as love....plus we haven't even dated for that long.

" Mr. Taptiklis! She's waiting in your office." The bubbly receptionist, Helen, informs and reassures me. Thank the Lord she hasn't ran away from me. I don't know what I'd do if that happened, God, I wouldn't. As I walk closer to the receptionist, I flash her a smile, " Thank you." And she seems to be satisfied with just that. When I step closer to my office, I hear two voices, and it seems as if they are in some sort of an argument. One voice is soft and silky, which is Bells, and the other voice is a male's voice.

" What the fuck are you doing in my office?! " Both of their heads whip in my direction, their eyes wide in alarm. Daniel looks a little shaken up, it's amusing really, but Bells looks more frightened. She probably thinks that I'm angry at her, well, partially. Daniel opens his mouth to speak, but my hand raises, and he swallows his unnecessary words. " I didn't give you permission to step foot in my office. Would you like to explain your pointless presence? "

Daniel's mouth opens again, " I-I was just grabbing some files for my manager, sir." He certainly doesn't want to get into trouble today because he doesn't answer me back. Although I know he's lying, I can tell from the mischievious look his eyes hold. " I suggest you leave now. Next time, ask me before you enter, otherwise it'll cost you your job." The certainty and seriousness my voice possesses frightens Daniel a little because he nods instantly and heads for the door.

Once I hear the door close, my eyes and body turn to Bells. " I-I swear I didn't let him in, I tried to tell him to leave but he protested." Her words stumble helplessly and her expression just conjures up amusement. As I walk closer to her, her breath hitches and her actions show how I am affecting her. " I know you didn't, but why did you walk away? " She looks at me with a little frown on her face, and I know it's Annabelle. " What am I going to do? I don't have a job."

Oh, I have an amazing job for you, Bells. " You are going to be in the Finance Sector, and it's down the corridor, so you're not far from me. A guy called Joe will be there in the main office, just tell him your name and he will take you to where you need to be. Okay? " She doesn't say anything, she just nods, and I know she already hates the idea. " Listen, I will come to check on you at Break Time, alright? You will like it, trust me."

A growing smile tugs at the corners of her lips when I say those words, " Will I be able to go out? Of the building? " This may seem like a laughing situation, but it's not. She hasn't really had much experience in high class jobs like this, so she doesn't know how it works. But she'll get used to it, she's a smart woman. " Bye, Nikolas, see you later." As she drifts away, her voice drifts away, her body drifts away, her mind drifts, her heart drifts away and she's gone.

" Oh my God! Nikolas, you left me outside! That's no way to treat your secretary..." Her fake nails scratch my desk irritably, her screechy voice adding to the rattle she's making. Oh, how I hate this job already. " Stop that! Now you listen carefully, I am only doing this for the money that your family owes me. Don't get any other ideas, woman." Her Kylie Jenner lips, her balloon-boobs, her threaded eyebrows and her plastic ass just annoys me. Even if I were to hear her name, I would feel sick, on the spot.

" Now, your room is two doors away, the door is plain. Got it? " She nods knowingly, her huge lips popping out like they are going to burst. She sways her hips teasingly, attempting to gain attention, but she fails miserably. This woman must be really stupid of she thinks that I would go for a fake Barbie like her. She needs to think again. Bells would laugh at this, too. Bells' laugh is a million times better than hearing a pig snorting.

" You are going to reply to these e-mails appropriately, no flirting and no swearing. You have a copy of my timetable so you have all the information to reply. Again, do it approp-" Her fake nails tap on my desk, so I glare at her disconcertingly and she immediately stops. At least the thing has a brain. " I understand, bye babe." She pouts and blows a kiss at me, sexual desire swirling in her eyes. " Didn't I just tell you to do something? "

《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

" It's break time now, Miss Perkins, you may leave your office." She grimaces at the sound of her surname, then she slams the door of her office and struts away in her stilettos. God, how can women walk in those things, they look painful. Hmmm... I promised Bells that I would see her at break and lunch time, I might as well make my way down to her sector.

The Finance Sector is literally like Heaven, everything is made out of glass, and the reason why I wanted it like that was because there were too many make out sessions going on. Come on, guys, it's a work place! But they still didn't seem to understand, so I called up the people that constructed ny building in the first place, and asked them to make the sector glass.

A Canadian accent calls my name, causing me to turn around. " Uncle Nikolas! I haven't seen you in ages." My nephew, Shawn Mendes, the famous singer. He's 17 and is already making a living out of his voice and his awesome guitar. " Hi, how's it going, Shawn? " A smile tugs at the corners of his lips, the excitement evident in his hazel eyes. He swings his guitar over his shoulder, " I just came back from Tour with Adele. It was amazing, uncle."

This man has much more yet to come. I'm glad his ambitions are becoming reality, and I'm glad he is happy. " You are an amazing singer, y'know, keep up the good work and you'll get further. Especially the way you're going, you'll be making millions in no time."  When he was younger, my family and I had to look after him. I say 'look after him,' but he really did everything by himself. Except for the cooking. I knew from then on that he would become something big.

Every day, after school, he would start singing and playing the guitar. I wasn't complaining, in fact, we had him sing for us in the living room quite a few times. " Thanks, uncle. Where are you heading to? Because I have literally nothing to do." His white teeth are flashing in the sunlight that is seeping through the glass windows. " I'm just going to see someone, a friend."  He instantly chuckles, and I don't think he will stop. Did I say something? Shawn shakes his head and clutches at his stomach.

" Uncle, they all say that. I know you have a girlfriend, you can keep it safe with me, I won't tell a single soul."  His cheeks are red because of his constant laughter. I thought there was something wrong with him for a minute. " Okay, she's not really rich, that is the reason why she came to work here. But she's a very beautiful woman, so don't put me on the spot." Shawn nods, his eyebrows creasing with a concentrated expression. This is what I like about Shawn, he understands me, no matter what I say.
" Nikolas, there you are."  Her sweet, melodic voice catches me off guard and commands me to turn around. She notices Shawn beside me, " This is the famous Shawn Mendes...is this a dream? "  Shawn Mendes laughs a little and shakes his head, " No, it isn't, miss...? " Bells keeps her smile, and I can tell she is nervous about meeting Shawn. To be honest, I'm glad I didn't tell her about him because she wouldn't be so shocked and excited.

" It's Isabella, just call me Isabella." Only I am allowed to call her Bells, because she is my Bells, and I made that name for her. " Bells, do you want to go and grab some lunch? " Bells turns her head in my direction, her mesmerising eyes alert and piercing. Her cute cheeks turn to a deep pink colour, probably because of the name I am using. Shawn notices her expression and comments, " You guys are so cute, you picked wisely, uncle."

Bells' eyebrows crease and her cute, puzzled expression makes its way back on her face. " Oh my Lord, Nick, you didn't tell me about Shawn! You aren't a very good uncle, are you? "

#Ash

( M.B.B )