Chapter 7: Hopeful

Nikolas POV

That b*stard took my Bells from me. She's my secretary and my responsibility, but not for that guy, he thinks he can take her anywhere like he owns her. That doesn't work with me. Never. The boss always gets what he wants, so I am getting my Bells back. I have masses of work to do, but no help from anyone, if Bella was here, there wouldn't be a little scrap of uncompleted work.

God knows where that Daniel has gone with Bells. She better be safe, or I'll make sure he doesn't have any babies. There's just a little feeling in my gut...but I can't seem to put my finger on it. Something about Daniel that makes me puke or strangle him. I know my Bells isn't safe with that guy, but I can't stop her from going because it's her life. She's right, I may be her boss, but I can't tell her what to do in the outside life.

My close friend, Matt, strolls into Bella and I's office. A giddy smile is etched into his face, he's always jolly, he drags the happiness everywhere he goes.

Matt stands opposite me,"Hi Nick! What's up these days?"

A small smile appears on my face, "Nothing much. Just work and secretaries."

Matt raises his eybrow, I know what he's going to mention, so I let him question me.

"Did you fire another one today? Man...you got problems with secretaries, I am not joking. This time you should get a guy, that way he won't flirt with you and piss you off."

A chuckle rumbles in my throat, "Have you ever heard of gays, my friend? I'm sure all the men will fall for my charms."

Matt's smile remains, but he rolls his eyes at my cocky remark.

"Oh Nicky, there's no way out with you, is there?"

My signature smirk makes it's way to my face,"Nope. You'll have to learn to handle my amazing personality, Matt."

Matt laughs a little, his seriousness gradually flowing back to his face,"So you have a new secretary I heard. Apparently, she's a sl*t and used to earn her money as a prostitute."

For some absurd reason, my blood starts to boil, and I feel my fists clenching tightly.

"You dare speak about Bells like that, Matt. I am warming you...shut your mouth!"

My sudden outburst is shocking to myself and Matt. Why am I standing up for Bella? I hardly know the sweet soul and here I am, threatening my best friend over her. It's one of those things, Nikolas. You have an urge to protect people that you are close to. Bells and I are far from being close, hell, she doesn't even like talking to me. You've had enough advice for today. See ya!

Matt has seen me in my worst times, whenver I am out of control, and he doens't seem to like it. But now it is a million times worse, I can see the shock and fear plastered on his face.

And I instantly feel guilt rising in my body, "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have reacted like that. It was wrong of me."

Matt struggles to keep a little smile to make me feel better, but it doesn't work, because I know he's only doing it for me. These are reasons why I love Matt as a brother. He attempts to make me happy, even though it doesn't work.

"Nick, it's perfectly fine. I understand that she's your secretary and you want to protect her."

Matt reaches across my desk to hug me, and so he does, he envelops me into a warm and welcoming hug. Guys, I'm not gay...it's just that I've never felt this love before. Never ever have I been loved by someone except for Matt.

"Thank you for understanding, brother. I love you."

He may not be my biological brother, but we always call each other 'brother', and it's not like the 'bro' word everbody uses. This is more powerful than that. This word means something very important to Matt and I.