Chapter 11: The News

Nikolas POV

No it isn't! That Daniel has taken her already, how am I supposed to make her fall for me? I have no chance.

Bella stares into my eyes, like she's reading me like an open book, which is impossible for everyone.

She sighs sadly, "I want you to continue this date, Nikolas. I was actually looking forward to this date, plus, Daniel is just a close friend. That date didn't give me any sparks, okay? You have no reason to be jealous." 

This woman is unbelievable, I am not joking. No woman has ever called me jealous, but she just did. That's because she's different, Taptiklis. You can tell the way she acts and all. True.

"For your information, Bells, I have no jealousy for that Daniel. I would never." 

Isabella crosses her arms and raises her eyebrow, like she wants another answer for my 'bipolar' behaviour.

"Why are you so against him, then? Daniel is a very sweet guy, he's so caring, I don't see the bad in him at all." 

Should I share this part of my life with her? Something so effective to my heart? The only thing that was ever important to me, should I share it with my secretary? Just do it, you trust her, don't you?

Don't be so closed off, tell her.

Without noticing, I take in a deep breath before speaking, "Daniel has always been despicable in my eyes. Especially after what he did to my mother.....h-he...." 

Bells notices me breathing heavily, so she stretches across the table and places her petite, yet soft hand on my large one. Warmth spreads throughout my body, and I close my eyes to enjoy the sensation a little more.

"We were driving through town one day, my mother stopped at a shop to grab a drink for her and I."

"Everything was perfect, too perfect to be true. As I was walking out of the shop, I heard yells of help, and it seemed to be coming from my mother's car's direction. Immediately, I rushed to the car, but I was too late. The gun went off. S-she was l-lying d-dead on the floor. T-then I s-saw that Daniel...that b*stard." 

Her expression contorts into a look of disgust, glints of pity in her beautiful orbs. My eyes feel watery, and I attempt to wipe them to prevent any tears from flowing out.

"Nikolas, she's in a better place now, she's living in peace. Y--"

My voice sounds croaky and weak, no woman except for my mother, has seen me in this state.

"Yeah, but it was better when--" 

Isabella shakes her head, a sad smile on her radiant face, she shifts to sit beside me.

"You have to accept that other people that love you will come your way. You will love them and they will love you, I mean look at you, you can get anyone you want with your looks. I'm pretty sure a lovely women will come and seal that emptiness in your heart."

You are the lovely woman that will seal the emptiness in my heart. I want to say this to her, but scaring her off will be too much of a risk. Normally, women would fall to my knees, but not my Bells, she's different. A good different.

"Thank you for understanding, my Bells, you're amazing. Please don't go near Daniel, he's a bad person and I don't want anything bad happening to you. You're the best...secretary ever." 

I was going to say that she is the best woman I've ever met, but that would give too much away.

My Bells doesn't need to know anything yet, these are just the first few stages, and then soon she will be mine. Mine....I cannot wait for the day I claim her, the day I can hold her close, the day our hearts are combined. My mind drifts back into reality, and I notice some sort of negative expression on Bells' face. Maybe she was still thinking about Daniel? She must have some feelings for him if she's upset about the news.