Chapter 42: Damn Daniel

Nikolas POV

"It's....nothing, don't worry about it," haste evident in my voice.

She's already upset, I don't want her to worry about useless messages being sent to me. Perhaps I will tell her another time, but I really don't want to scare her, it might even cause her to reconsider our relationship. I don't want that at all.

"Stop lying and tell me, I don't appreciate you hiding things from me when it is clearly concerning me."

Her stern yet melodic voice scolds me politely, her eyes glistening like diamonds in the sun, irresistible to reject. She's right, I shouldn't keep such things away from her because she is honest with me, so I should return the favour.

"That prick, Daniel, threatened me to leave you alone, he said I can't even protect my mother, let alone you."

My voice falls a few octaves lower when I allow the word 'mother' to slip off my tongue. The very word still stimulates a series of terrifying images to appear in my mind. It still haunts me. The blood, her stiff body, his sickening grin. I can't believe he was trying to take Bells from me. That bastard is going to get a whole new definition of revenge when I'm finished with him.

"Nikolas, you can't let him get away with that, that twat needs to know how hurtful his words are."

Bells' voice is laced with surprise and worry, she looks at me like I've grown two heads, her eyes wide in shock.

"Who said I'm letting him get away? "

《《《《 THE NEXT DAY 》》》》

Nikolas POV

"Right, I've got my mate, Matt to keep a close watch on Dickhead Daniel since he works in that department. If he's up to something, he's going to act quick, he's not a patient man when it comes to his dirty work. Trust me, I know," I explain to Bells.

"Why would he tell you to leave me alone, though? That's what I'm not understanding," Bells' eyebrows crease and are drawn to her nose.

My hand envelopes her cold one, blanketing her with a mix of warnth and protection, attempting to ensure her that she's safe with me. That she doesn't need to worry about anything. A sweet but small smile tugs at Bells' lips and she doesn't stop it from portraying her true emotions. That she's worried about me, she's stressed out, she's counting down the days until this problem is going to end.

"I wish I could fire him, Bells, but he will have more flexibility when trying to harm you, which isn't what I want to give him."

Bells steps closer to me, her lips almost meeting mine,"We can't do this here. There's people watching, Miss Williamson."

A few strands of her hair cover her right eye, so she irritably blows at them, annoyance written across her features. She rolls her starry-like eyes at me, as if she doesn't care, but she knows she has to. If they see me with her, they'll broadcast it on the news and then they'll all try and take Isabella away from me, it won't just be Dickhead Daniel.

A loud thump on the door causes Bells to jump away from me. I know who it is, the other workers wouldn't dare to knock on my door like that. Matt. He doesn't bother to wait for my reply, either, so his face is stricken with joy when he sees Bells.

"Matt, what's up?"

"You're new secretary is hanging out with that dildo, Daniel. They are having lunch together."

He seems out of breath, like he ran a marathon just to see what they were doing. Typical Matthew, I give him an order and he goes over the top, I just wanted to keep an eye on Daniel.

"Okay, thanks, Matt. You had lunch yet? "

"Yeah, I have. Anyways, is this pretty lady Isabella? "

He knows not to say more than that, he's my best friend and he knows his boundaries. Isabella offers her hand and he gently shakes it, it looks as if he's scared to shake her hand because I am here, which is quite amusing to be honest.

"So how are you and Nick getting on? You thinking about having some babies, yet? "

The second he says this, my hand flies to the back of his head, where I hit him with quite some power. He throws his head back in laughter while Bells stands beside me, looking uncomfortable as ever.

"Don't scare her, you idiot, and no we're far from that stage so shut your mouth, Matthew. Moving on, don't make too much of an effort to do the small job I've given you. I just want you to watch him because Bells and I are expecting trouble from him soon. He's a right bastard, he is."

Matt chuckles and nods his head in agreement, "Trust me."

An irritating screech penetrates through the door, "Mr Taptiklis! Guess what? Daniel Jackson fancies me, so we don't have to have anymore quickies in the office, you happy? "

Bells head whips in my direction as Annabelle rattles on about Daniel.

"What the fuck? Shut up and get out of my office!"

The crack in my voice reflects the evident emotion on my face. Fury. This woman pisses me off so much I want to fucking slit her throat. The dumb bitch needs to control her words or she'll find that she won't be able to talk.

"Isabella, don't listen to her, tru-"

Matthew tries to stop her from leaving the room, hesitation in his steps. She doesn't bother to look at me she just swiftly walks out the door, her shoulder nudging into Annabelle's as she leaves.

"Don't worry, Matt, she's a strong woman."

You're probably thinking why I am acting so calm, well, by the look on Bells' face I can tell that she doesn't take Annabelle's words into consideration. I can tell that she trusts me enough not to believe her idiocracy, she's intelligent. She probably realised the time as well, her break time is over now.

Annabelle has the most wide grin spread across her face, she looks triumphant, like she has earnt a trophie for her attempt of distruption. That little scum bag is going to definitely get what she deserves now. Seriously. Does she have a mute button?

"I'm going to go, mate, I'll leave you to it."

Matthew gives me a nod of appreciation as he leaves the office, and Annabelle takes his exit as a cue to start ranting again.

"He really likes me, I think I like him too, although you're still the hottest of them a-"

I cut her off, "Stop right there. I don't give a fuck about who likes you. I don't give a fuck about what you think about me. Now get to your office and finish faxing those files."

Her mouth is agape like a fish out of water, her hand motionless in the air. A resentful expression rests on her features, she opens her mouth again, ready to answer me back, but she thinks otherwise. She glances at me and decides to exit my office, but before she leaves, she glares at me.

"Don't you dare think for a minute that I won't tell my dad about this."

She leaves.

Daniel POV

Annabelle is such a sweetheart, but Isabelle is still a prettier package than her. Well, soon, I will have no need to dream about Isabella, because she'll be mine. Nikolas will have nothing because he deserves nothing, and Annabelle's family and I will be living happily ever after. The business deal which Cassandra conducted is what you call, 'killing two birds with one stone,' Mr Perkins gets his money and I get Isabella. We have nothing to lose.

A vibration penetrates through my leg, my phone. I pull it out of my pocket and see that Annabelle is calling me.

"Yes, what's the matter?"

"Dan, I told Nikolas and he's aware that I am in a relationship with you, so what next?"

"Hmmm...well the next step lies in your father's hands."

This better work Mr.Perkins.

#Ash

~ M.B.B ~