Chapter 35: Leaving

A/N: The Greek word, 'Εμπιστεύομαι αντων', means 'Trust Me.' Enjoy the chapter!

Isabella POV

Why would he ask that? Something is surely on his mind, and I'm willing to take it out of him as soon as I can. His wide eyes are hooded with evident emotions: pain, fear and concern. He certainly can't hold in all his emotions that are dying to be realeased. He has to tell me or this will not end prettily.
" W-Why would I leave you? Don't be pathetic, Nick, I really like you and nothing is going to change that. However, you need to explain your impertinent behaviour towards me."

His index finger hastily swipes the rolling tear off his cheek, reluctant to show his true emotions. Well, Nick needs to learn that you can't hold back from the ones you care about. He claims he cares for me, so he needs to prove it by trusting me with his concerns and thoughts. " Bells, I was just in a bad mood because of that Annabelle interrupting our date. And I was wrong about saying that you have a shit life, gosh, I was so wrong. I'm just so dumb that I lose control of my loose tongue....God...."

His teary eyes display pain, a deep sort of pain. I think he's hurt because he is now aware that he hurt me. Yes. That's why he is feeling pain. It seems as if he's still hiding something from me. What could it be? Maybe he has Annabelle's contact and is texting her constantly? Maybe that's why he wasn't with me today, because he might have been with Annabelle. Realistically speaking, Nikolas would be acting distant and closed off if there was something going on between them. Plus, he said that Annabelle got him in a bad mood when we were at the fair, so she can't be the reason for his hidden concern.

" You can tell me anything, you know? I'll always be here for you.... Εμπιστεύομαι αντων, Nikolas." The second the Greek word rolls off my tongue, Nikolas' mouth twitches into a minute smirk, as if he's impressed with my Greek accent. Surprise swims evidently in his oceanic eyes, and a sigh escapes his mouth before he knows it. " When did you learn Greek, jingle Bells? " All of the emotion he was containing is now vanished from his soft eyes. His eyes are as tranquil as the calm sea now. I made him forget. I made him feel better. Gosh. I should receive a gold medal for this.

" Oh, I have my ways, Mr. Taptiklis." I manage to develop the courage of winking at Nick, and I certainly do get an entertaining reaction from him. A little groan erupts from his chest as he stares at my wet lip. I can already imagine where his thoughts have wandered off to. " Bells, you're killing me with that lip of yours." His eyes are currently staring into mine, and the intensity of his green ones are very overwhelming to handle. It's as if he is burning permanent holes into them.

" Forget about that, when are we leaving Hawaii? " A sigh hastily escapes my lips before I can stop it. The bed dips to the side a little as I feel Nikolas crawl in beside me. His masculine scent enters my nostrils and knocks my senses off guard. God. What he does to me...he has no clue...absolutely no clue at all. Nikolas frowns and his forehead creases in confusion, " Why do you want to leave? Don't you want to spend more time here.....with me? " Gosh...this is the defintion of a cuteness overload.

His response causes my hand to reach for his and I kiss his knuckles ever so softly. So softly that he might not have even felt it. " Of course I want to spend more time with you, it's just that I need to earn money instead of spending your money on holiday." Nikolas smiles a little, the corners of his lips curving in amusement. A hint of admiration glints in his eyes. " Oh my God, Isabella, you are the most considerate person I've ever met. Who cares about my money? I care about you, you're my biggest priority. Even my name is expensive, Bells, and plus, Mr Kingston has paid half of the amount of this trip."

Oh, Mr. Kingston is such a kind hearted man, full of life and bubbly laughs. I think he is the perfect model of a father, especially for Nikolas. Nikolas has a special spot for Mr. Kingston in his heart, I know he does. The way he talks to him is like a son talking to his father, with respect. The image of the both of them makes me smile. " What are you thinking about now, Bells? " Nikolas' voice is full of recognition, and I don't blame him because I'm not surprised that he can read me like an exposed book. We've known each other for quite some time. " Just you and Mr. Kingston. How you are so comfortable around him, it seriously shows how much care you hold for him....it's so sweet."

Nikolas flashes a smile, joining in with my trivial words. He yawns all of a sudden, and that's when I know he wants to go to sleep. " Sleepy head." My comment causes him to tiredly chuckle, his voice dull, but still husky. Nikolas slowly wraps his arm around my waist, and I instantly feel warmth comfortably blanket my waist.

《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

Nikolas POV

Last night is my biggest regret. Lying to Bells wasn't easy because her soft and sensitive heart was in her eyes. And I couldn't take it for a moment because I was staring straight into them. The pain was bearable then, but now I can't help but worry about when Annabelle becomes my secretary, she'll be taunting Bells a lot. You know what? If she does, I will knock some sense into her, and if she still doesn't listen, then she will be fired. People like Annabelle just want to ruin people's life so they can see them suffer, but that's not right at all.

You should guide people away from suffering, not cause the torment for them. That's just horrible. Yes, Nikolas Taptiklis has a heart, don't be too surprised. Oh, and did I tell you that we are leaving today? Well, yeah, only because Bells thinks that she isn't earning enough money. She should stop worrying because she will get an even better salary now. Just because she isn't my secretary, it doesn't mean that she won't get a good pay. In fact, Bells' new job is better than Annabelle's.

" Come on, Nick, let's get heading to the airport." That beautiful smile she wears so casually is dancing across her lips. I don't know how a little smile lights up the world, but I do know that Bells can only do that. She brought me from darkness to the light, I was blind, but she healed my sight. She opened up all four corners of the Earth for me. And how am I supposed to repay her for that? I have nothing, I have money, but even Bells' presence can't be compared to money. So how am I supposed to repay her?

Money is a manipulative and blackmailing tool used for negative things, whereas Bells is a ray of glistening light, spreading positivity to her surroundings.

This sentence floats around in the depths of my mind: Repay her with your love....

A/N: I am truly sorry about the extremely late update, gosh, I've been so busy with homework and essays, but that's what Year 10 is like. Oh well....

#Ash

¥ M.B.B ¥