Chapter 17: You

A/N: I have many amazing followers, but I would like to give a few shoutouts to: StephanieWard2, aleeba_bxoxoxo, Xander_leo and airhead0610. They are always voting and commenting on my story, and I am more than grateful. Also, StephanieWard2 and Xander_leo have great books that they would like to be voted and read for. You are amazing guys, here's your chapter...

---------------------------------------------------------

Isabella POV

My head feels as if it weighs a tonne when I raise it from the comforting pillow. As always, I pop one eye open, but to see a cream and gold wallpaper. I almost begin to believe I am in a castle, but that is just purely fantasy. My eyes carefully brush over the articulate patterns engraved in the wallpaper. And I am too intrigued by the grand fashion of the room to realise that this isn't my bedroom. My bedroom doesn't have a humongous and luxurious bed that is most likely clothed with the finest material. It doesn't possess such beautiful wallpaper that is perfectly designed with golden, curvy, Victorian decor.

All I remember last night was the fuzzy image of Nikolas' Lamborghini. The rest is a smeary blur as I must have been engulfed by a relaxing sleep. If I wasn't in my house, then whose house is this? Technically it seems like more than a house, most likely a mansion, or I might be lifting my hopes for my own good. Nikolas wouldn't have brought me to his mansion, it would be quite unprofessional, despite the fact that we have shifted from 'business' terms in our.....friendship. Or Nikolas may label it as something more further than that. Maybe my eyes are deceiving me with an opaque hallucination, maybe I am just dreaming all of this to make myself feel more wanted and cared for.

And I stop believing that thought when I hear a woman whispering with her raspy voice. " Miss? Would you like me to take you to Master Taptiklis? "  My answer is being replied as I smile at the middle-aged woman, holding a twinkle in her weary eyes. Her attire suggests that she is most likely a maid, but I may be in the wrong. She sweetly smiles at me and carefully places my ironed pencil skirt and my ruffled, white blouse on the golden bed covers. " Are you Nikolas' girlfriend, miss? Because Nikolas has never brought a girl home before, especially let them sleep in his bed."

Curiosity glazes her voice, her smile quite tight in thought, due to her consideration. My voice doesn't escape my voice box, it's as if the question ripped my voice box into smithereens. The maid finishes her neat presentation of my clothes by leaving a pair of black heels on the foot of the giant bed. Compared to the bed size, I am microscopic, I am assuming it's a king-sized bed because it is much larger than my double bed at home. " Ummm....I am not his girlfriend, just his secretary, that's all."  Maybe I am just hallucinating, but I swear by God I see a glint of disappointment flicker in her eyes.

" Where is his bedroom, ma'am? "  I still do possess manners, which is essesntial because that's the first to being a polite and respectable person. My mother always scolded me for burping at the table or rocking my dining chair back and forth, repeatedly. She wasn't strict at all, she just believed that my way of learning was the hard way, and it always has been. My mother brought out the best in me, some parts of me are shattered and shredded, but the remaining pieces still swim around in my heart when they want to.

The maid's smile transforms into a bubbly laugh, " Oh! You don't need to deny your love for him, I was at that stage once, darling. But don't worry, I know Nikolas has some liking towards you because he never talks to girls, except for his business, and this isn't business. You're in for a surprise."  Those are the last words I hear from the giddy woman before she scurries off to another bedroom, probably to clean up. That's marvellous....there's probably at least 10 bedrooms in this mansion, and I'll have to browse through every room just to talk to Nikolas.