Chapter 22: Splashes Of Heaven

Isabella POV

" Where are you going, Bells? " Nikolas' velvety smooth voice seeps into my skin, as if I am absorbing his meaningful presence. My head whips around to glance at him questioningly. " Just to the beach, I want to relax..."  Nikolas' eyes grow misty and they reflect a mischievious expression, like a menace that is considering a prank. "Okay, wait for me, I am joining you."  What did he just say? He wants to come with me? Why is that?

Nikolas gracefully walks up the stairs, it's like he is an angel, flying to his destination. It's almost impossible to match his swift strides, which is shocking because females are usually known to be more gentle. My first guess for him going upstairs is that he is going to dress himself in his swimsuit, or maybe he is just grabbing his phone, or maybe I am having high expectations.

After a few minutes of wandering off into dreamland, I feel a tug at my jacket sleeve. " Bells, let's go to the beach...or do you want some lunch? " My brain forces my eyes to stare into his, like this is our moment, our moment. His hand lightly brushes the tip of my nose, leaving patches of buzzing tingles on the skin of my nose, the tingles radiating throughout the skin on my face. " It's half one so the best thing to do is have lunch, and then go to the beach."  Mr. Kingston hired the two of us a mansion, which is the size of a football stadium. There is also our own private beach on the property, so we can relax in peace.

" As you wish. Mr. Kingston is very kind for allowing us to stay here, not only for a business deal, but for a holiday to relax. He's always been a good friend to me."  Nikolas' eyes trail down to the floor, his sentence ending with a little shake to his head. " Ever since...? "  Nikolas runs a quick hand through his brown hair, does he trust me? Or is it not something secretive? His eyes hold masses of intensity as he looks at me, blended with pure curiosity. " Ever since this business was passed down to me. Ever since he became a useless father."  Of course the Taptiklis Industries were running for quite a while, it didn't seem like Nikolas would create a business out of nowhere, the business was passed down to him. He is an only child, so his father gave this all to him, shouldn't Nick be grateful for that?

" Nick, he gave this business to you, isn't that a good thing? "  Nikolas runs a nervous hand through his soft hair, his breaths near to a quiet edge, " I didn't have anything against my father, not until he went onto a fake business trip to fool around with a bunch of models. Behind my back. Behind my mother's back...he didn't care about our feelings once he was living in happiness with those sl*ts. Not an ounce. My mother....she didn't even find out because of what had happened to her... Bells, I think that there is a link between my mother's death and my father. I don't know where this bizzare thought came from, but there's a little certainty in the voice that is telling me this. The voice in my mind."

" You may be thinking that this thought is out of anger of what my father did, but no. There's some logic to it, I just have to figure it out."  My hand automatically slides towards his large, yet comforting hand; I give his hand a little squeeze for some pointless reassurance. His eyes glare at the marble floor, and there is a little emotion that flies past his mesmerising irises. " I would never think that, Nick, especially if you believe that it is true. You supported me when I was in my worst state, now I am going to pay you the same amount of support, if not, more."

Nikolas' eyes don't leave the ground, they continue their little staring contest as Nikolas chuckles. His hand that is cloaked with mine, sends thrills of pleasure throughout my body. " My jingle Bells, just your trivial presence is the best form of confort for me."  Delight cleanses my heart the second those words escape his mouth. What is that supposed to mean? Me being here is all he needs? Just my presence? But don't I annoy him constantly? Isn't he fed up of seeing my face everyday?  " Bells, don't for a second think that you irritate me. Your beauty aggravates me everyday, but your glowing beauty is the only thing that holds my sanity."

Is this man's words causing me to hallucinate into a whirlpool of dreams? Because at the moment, my mind is telling me that all he is saying is just lies to lift my hopes, but my heart is forcing me to believe that his words are nothing but the bright light to my darkened world. My heart rate increases in a second, just as his soft hand carefully caresses my smooth cheeks. Nikolas' lips curve up into a little amused smile as he notices my reaction.

" Nikolas, why were you so heartless from when I first met you? "  My hand slowly crawling up his forearm, " And now your caring, sweet, and considerate? "  By now, both of my hands are resting on his hard chest, feeling the alternating patterns of his heart beats. A chuckle ripples throughout his chest, causing my hand to vibrate. " I still am, Bells. It's just that you broke down the cage that I had once built around my heart, feelings, emotions, mind and thoughts. You seriously have no idea of what you've done to me, Isabella."

His long arm meanders its way around my waist, claiming that its his property. Nikolas takes hold of my arms and swiftly hooks them around his neck, "One thing that you should know about me. I'm always in control."  And his lips meet mine.

      《《《《 PAGE BREAK 》》》》

" Have you ever seen the sunset? " Nikolas swiftly turns his head to face me, and he re-positions himself on the cushioned, mahogany benches. His smile is brighter than usual because the hut is lit up with candles, which makes him even more handsome than he already is. If that's possible. " I have never been on these luxury holidays, Nick, so I haven't ever seen the sunset."  My eyes travel down to the turquoise water, examinig the surface's texture, smooth but lively.

Nikolas' index finger moves to my face, so he can lift my chin up. When my eyes meet his, they reflect the water's turquoise colour, but also an unintelligable emotion. Something I cannot recognise unless he expresses the emotion through meaningful words. " I'd rather watch you, Bells. You're more beautiful than the sunset."  My breath is stolen by his words, caught just as they were cautiously creeping up my throat. His eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips at the speed of light, as if he doesn't want me to notice him taking a quick glance at my lips.

" Bells, do you want to go for a swim? We might as well make the most of these splashes of Heaven."

#Ash

€ M.B.B €