Chapter 50: If You Don't Ask, You Don't Get

A/N: Okay guys, as you may know this may be the last chapter unless you lot want a bonus chapter. If you do, please let me know in the comments, otherwise I won't know if you want one. I just want to say it's been amazing to see a lot of readers view and vote on my book. I really appreciate all you have done although it may not seem like it. I'm glad I wrote this book to entertain people and I'm glad many people enjoyed it. Also, those of you who want to read something else of mine, I'm going to publish my new book on Wattpad, called 'Blissfully' It is NOT a sequel if that is what you were going to ask, it is a different story line altogether. I hope all my followers as well as other readers, can take a chance to read my book and vote and comment. Anyways, here is your last chapter. And remember, please vote and comment!

Isabella POV

"N-Nikolas. I'm not ready but it doesn't mean that I don't want to get married to you and have a family. I think in a few months time, we'll see. You will know when the time is right, I trust you."

Nick pinches the bridge of his nose and clears his throat abruptly. He's really upset, isn't he? I-I didn't mean to hurt him. I'm just not ready yet. I didn't know he was thinking about marriage already, I know that he loves me a lot, but I think we should wait a little longer. Or is that being selfish? Ugh I don't know what to do.

Nick straightens his posture and smiles at me, but I can see right through his smile. His eyes display pain and rejection. I really hurt him.

The pizza comes so he grabs a slice of pizza and puts it in my plate. He's so selfless and here I am being selfish.

"Eat, Isabella," he mumbles bluntly.

Isabella? What about Bells? Or baby? My heart feels like it's being stabbed multiple times. He only calls me that when he is in a bad mood. I look up to his eyes which are hooded. Like when I first met him.

I pick up my slice and eat it quickly, I'm so frickin' hungry. Avoiding Nick's eyes, I manage to eat half of the pizza in 10 minutes. I was really hungry. I don't normally eat this much. Maybe I'm going to start my period. That's why I was craving Maccies earlier.

"Nick, I'm sorry. Can you please forgive me? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I love you," I beg.

Nick browses my eyes for the truth.

"It's not your fault, it's mine. I shouldn't have mentioned it, you're not ready. I'm sorry for putting you in an awkward position, Bells," his eyes holding sincerity.

He shouldn't be apologising. It's neither of our faults. It was a mere suggestion.

Nikolas takes my hand gently and kisses it, his lips lingering on my fingers. He touches the ring on my finger and smiles at me. Thank God he isn't upset still. I hate it when he is, it puts me in a bad mood too.

Nikolas pays the bill and we head back to the mansion. I'm glad I bought everything today, I won't have to go shopping for quite a while now. I don't really have to worry about groceries because the maid does that. I need to start cooking for Nikolas, I want to impress him with my cooking. I already know many dishes which is a good head start.

Nick opens the door of the mansion and I drop the bags onto the floor. I'm so tired. Shopping really is effort. Nick puts the rest of the bags on the floor beside the sofa. He pulls his jacket off and then discards his shirt.

My breath hitches as I see his rippled abs and muscles flex deliciously. Oh my Lord. I need holy water. He slumps down onto the sofa and massages his temples. Is he ill? Or is he still upset about the talk that we had earlier?