Chapter 5: Listen To Me

~~~~ AT TAPTIKLIS INDUSTRIES ~~~~

Isabella POV

"Get me a cheese sandwich from the canteen. Oh yeah, and a bottle of water," Nikolas demands.

It's half one now, we came back from the shops half an hour ago and now Nikolas is starving. I am a bit peckish, too, so I will grab a sandwich as well.

"Where's the 'please?' " 

Nikolas' lips curve into a smile, " Oh. I will be pleasing you very soon, Bells. Don't you worry."

This makes my stomach churn. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but it feels strange.

"Whatever, Nikolas."

Nikolas closes the door after I walk out. When does he need privacy? Oh well...let's just focus on getting sandwiches for lunch. Great, Sherlock, you magically appear in the canteen, do you? Oh my God! I don't even know where the bloody canteen is; this place is so huge, it's easy to get lost in. Oh, how much I hate Nikolas Taptiklis, I just want to tape his mouth so he keeps it shut forever. You could just ask someone. Everybody looks busy, they would be annoyed if I disturbed them...

Bump!

What the heck? Who is that? A hand wraps around mine and slowly pulls me to my clumsy feet.

" I'm truly sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going."

The man turns a bit red, like this is embarrassing for him. I look into his eyes and see that they are a light hazel colour, he has brown hair that has a few curls and a cute smile.

The corners of my lips curve, "Don't worry about it, it's okay...I was wondering if you know where the canteen is."

His hand is still in mine when he guides me to the canteen, "You're new, here? "

The man asks me in a surprised voice, and I just nod, sheepishly.

Why is he so surprised? Don't they normally employ people for jobs?

We reach the canteen, " Thank you, sir. What is your name? "

He smiles at me and lets go of my hand, "It's Daniel, Daniel Jackson."

Hmmm...he seems nice, nicer than my jerky boss.

"Okay, thank you."

I wave at him before turning away, he stops me when I'm about to search for a sandwich.

Daniel begins to rub his neck, nervously, "Ummm...I was thinking...maybe y-you would like to hang out with m-me some time..."

I giggle at his cuteness, "Of course. And I'm Isabella Williamson, by the way."

Daniel nods with a little smile, "Lovely name for a lovely lady. How about 8.00 tonight...? "

Maybe...if Nikolas lets me leave early.

"Possibly, yeah. My boss tells me when to go home so I don't know, but I will tell him that it's important."

Daniel sweetly smiles at me,"Why don't I go and tell your boss? Yeah, that'll be better."

Yeah, maybe Nikolas will listen to Daniel.

I tell Daniel to wait on the side for me, while I pick out Nikolas and I's sandwiches. When I am at the till, Daniel rushes over and shoves five dollars in the cashier's hand. Awww, that's so sweet. He shoots me a huge smile, this shows off his tiny dimples.

"Thank you, Daniel, you've been a great help."

Daniel shrugs,"It's okay. I'm willing to help a nice lady like you."

He turns to the cashier and puts two thumbs up at him, he's so nice. Then, Daniel takes me to Nikolas and I's office.

I knock on the door of Nikolas' office, and he instantly opens it, a huge smirk on his fac, but it drops when his eyes land on Daniel.

"Here you go, Nikolas. Cheese sandwich."

Nikolas nods at me and raises his eyebrow at Daniel, "Is there a reason as to why you're here? "

Breaking the awkward silence, "Oh, yeah! Daniel and I want to hang out--"

Daniel interrupts, "We want to go on a date at 8.00, so can Isabella finish before that, please? Just this once..."

Nikolas' eyes are filling with disappointment as he hears Daniel's words, but they quickly transfer back to its emotionless expression. Why was he disappointed? When has Nikolas ever cared?

"Sorry, but no. We have a lot of work to do together and we can't have any disturbances," Nikolas snaps rudely at Daniel and slams the door in his face.

How dare he?!

"Nikolas, what is wrong with you? Huh?! Don't ever do that to Daniel."

Nikolas' lips droop into a frown,"So you already know his name? "

I roll my eyes,"Of course I do. What's your problem anyway? Are you jealous that he's nicer than you? "

Nikolas scowls at me,"I don't care about him, and no, I am not jealous of that twit. I just don't want you out of my office with another man, you can't trust them."

My eyebrow raises the second those words fly out of his mouth, "You're a man, you can't trust yourself? "

Nikolas runs a hand through his hair,

"I'm your boss, that's the difference. Now you must listen to me. You are not leaving my office and you're certainly not dating any guys."

I place a hand on my hip,"You have no right to dictate my life."

Nikolas rubs his jaw, repeatedly, " I am your boss. Listen to me! "

#Ash

♢ M.B.B ♢