Chapter 48: Promises

A/N: Guys, there are gonna be about 2 more chapters after this one. As you may know, the book is currently at its climax so it's near its end. I just want to thank you guys for the votes and views which you have so kindly awarded me with. Also the comments because I'm not lying, they actually pushed me to continue writing, otherwise I would have given up time ago. So thank you so much guys. Also I will publish two chapters of my new book, called 'Blissfully.' So if you guys can read that and vote and comment when I publish it, that would be great.

Isabella POV

Finally. Today is the day.

I'm discharged from the hospital. The doctor said that I'm all healed, it took 3 days. Yeah, it took the piss, but it was worth it.

Nikolas was acting a bit sketchy earlier, I don't know what's gotten into him but I sure as hell want to know. The curiosity is chewing away at me, I'm so impatient.

He started with his wierd behaviour when the doctor discharged me. Why? I don't know but I will soon find out, he always ends up telling me one way or another. I know him too well.

"This time, Bells, you have no excuse. You're not escaping from me."

He pounces onto the sofa with hunger in his eyes, I squeal under his touch and push him off the sofa. He pushes himself off the floor and grunts at me.
His eyes brew a cauldron of anger and he clenches his fists.

Dangerously, he whispers,"For bruising my ego, you have 5 seconds to run for your life."

Shit. He's pissed off. I really did bruise his ego, didn't I?

My heart has never pounded so fast before. I run as fast as my legs can take me, gasping for air as I run around the house.

"You can't outrun me, baby," his malicious tone echoes through the hallway.

Damn. Who the hell left a blanket on the floor?! Why isn't God ever on my side? Seriously. Looks like I've made a new enemy. You have betrayed me, blanket. I'm so dead now.

Nikolas wraps his arms around my waist tightly, so I can't escape. Shit. He isn't going to let me go now. I can feel his hot breath fanning my neck, leaving a trail of tantalising tingles on my skin. Shivering under his irresistible touch, he bites the skin on my collarbone and my head flies back so he has better access.

In his usual husky voice, he comments,"I told you. You can't get away from me now. You're all mine."

Before I allow a moan to escape my lips, I wriggle out of his grasp.

"Nikolas. I need to talk to you. I'm serious."

I demand with a solemn expression on my face. Yet he doesn't listen, he tries to kiss me but I put my index finger on his lips to stop him. I raise my eyebrow at him and that's when he gives up.

"I really need to talk to you. I'm not kidding, Nikolas."

With a sigh, he looks at his feet, like I've reprimanded him. He doesn't like it when I call him Nikolas, he only likes Nick. But he needs to listen when I tell him to.

"You were acting wierd when I was told that I was discharged, what's wrong?"

Nick scratches his head nervously, he shrugs his shoulders,"It's just that...I-I love you. So much and I u-uh...wanted to ensure that you will be mine forever."

What? What is he talking about? What's happening? Is he going to break up with me? Oh God. Please no.

He takes a small black box out of his pocket...is he proposing? Oh no. I-I can't, I'm not ready but I don't want to reject him either. What shall I do? God, please help me.