[ prologue ]

Violet Montgomery and Conrad Fisher had been dating for exactly 10 months and 8 days. Anyone who came across the young couple could see how deeply in love the two were with each other.

It was on their five month anniversary when the couple finally decided to drop the L word. Both teens were obviously nervous that the other wouldn't reciprocate the same feeling back.

But that was dumb.

There was no possible way that Conrad Fisher couldn't fall in love with Violet Montgomery. And there was no way that Violet Montgomery couldn't fall in love with Conrad Fisher.

It was like they were made for each other.

Conrad was simply obsessed with Violet. To him, she was the most beautiful girl in the world. He loved basically everything about her. From her laugh to the color of her hair, she was perfection in his eyes.

Conrad thought that it was finally time to show her his favorite place. The place where he truly felt at home. He wanted nothing more than to spend the summer with the girl he loved in the place he loved.

Both teens assumed that everything was going to be perfect. Even though Conrad had been off for a few months, Violet knew he'd try to make this summer the best she's ever had. She couldn't wait to leave for the Fisher's beach house.

It was going to be a summer to remember.