[ two ]

⊹ Chapter 2 ⊹
Girlfriend?

⊹ Chapter 2 ⊹Girlfriend?

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

Isabel or Belly Conklin's family has been going to Susannah's beach house in Cousins every summer since she was a baby. All year long, she would count the days until she could be in that house.

The dads came to visit, but it's not their place. They didn't belong to it. Not the way the mothers and kids did.

The summer house is made up of lots of things. For Belly, everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.

And this year wouldn't be any different. At least that was what Belly was hoping.

♒︎

"This house is beautiful Susannah!" Violet declared entering the kitchen.

"Thanks sweetheart. It's been in my family for years. The kids and I really love it here."

"I can see why." The teen laughed. "Do you need any help in here?"

"Oh no don't worry about me." The blonde woman shook her head. "Why don't you go unpack before the Conklin's get here."

"That sounds like a good idea. I doubt Conrad's unpacked yet." She agreed leaving the kitchen to head to her and Conrad's shared room.

Violet was actually quite surprised when Conrad told her that they'd be sharing a room. She of course didn't mind. It wouldn't be the first time they had slept in the same bed together. Both Violet and Conrad had slept in each other's room during their many sleepovers.

The Montgomery girl just assumed that seeing as she'd be staying all summer Susannah would rather them stay in separate rooms. She also wasn't sure how the Conklin's mother felt about them sharing a room. Violet didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

"Hey Con did you start unpacking yet?" The girl wondered as she entered the bedroom.

This was actually her first time being in the room. Jeremiah had shown Violet every room in the house except Conrad's. Her curious eyes raked over ever inch of the bedroom. It fit Conrad well. Violet couldn't help but smile at all of his trophies and awards. She hoped he'd start competing again.

"Uh yeah." He nodded glancing up at her as he continued to hang clothes in his closet. "I'm almost done. I actually put yours away for you."