[ fourteen ]

⊹ Chapter 14 ⊹
Birthday Dinner

⊹ Chapter 14 ⊹Birthday Dinner

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

"Does it hurt?" The Fisher boy asked for the millionth time. The two were in Conrad's room sitting on his bed, as he held an ice pack against Violet's cheek.

"Conrad, I told you I was fine." Violet giggled at the worried look on his face.

"I know. I just... care." He stuttered blushing,

"Well, thank you for taking care of me." Violet smiled lifting her hand to push a stray piece of hair out of Conrad's eyes.

"Any time." The boy smiled back leaning in to kiss her. Their lips were so close to touching when Conrad's phone began to beep.

"We've got to stop being interrupted." He sighed picking up his phone. When Conrad read the messages from Cleveland he almost passed out. How could he have forgotten? "Oh, fսck. Oh, God. Um, I'm sorry, I got to, I got to go."

"Uh...okay?" Violet mumbled confused.

"I promised Cleveland I'd be there for his interview and I forgot." He quickly explained leaning down to kiss her forehead. "I'm late. I have to go."

"It's okay Connie." The girl smiled reassuringly.

"I love you!" Conrad yelled rushing out of the room. Violet chuckled shaking her head at her boyfriend.

"I love you too!" She yelled back knowing he heard her because a moment later she heard him yell bye and then the front door was slammed shut.

♒︎

"I don't know what to think about you this summer." Taylor spoke up catching Belly off guard.

After the whole volleyball fiasco everyone pretty much retreated into the house. Taylor and Belly were in her room getting changed for Belly's birthday dinner. While Steven and Jeremiah disappeared to play video games. Violet was downstairs helping Susannah hang the last couple of decorations.

"What do you mean?" Belly questioned turning to look at Taylor.

"Suddenly, you care about clothes. You have new friends. You have a boyfriend." The blonde ranted as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, well, I told you this summer would be different."

"I know. I have to admit... I'm kind of freaked out by your glow-up." Taylor laughed.