[ twenty three ]

⊹ Chapter 23 ⊹
Truth Time

⊹ Chapter 23 ⊹Truth Time

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

"Who said you could have a margarita?" Laurel questioned as she snatched the glass out of her daughter's hand.

"Um, Victoria." Belly replied rolling her eyes.

Laurel stared at her drunk teenage daughter. She was seething with anger but she made no move to yell at Belly. She didn't want to ruin the fourth for Susannah.

"Cake time." Susannah cheered as she exited the house holding up the cake on her grandmothers cake tray.

"What? It's cake time." Belly smiled at her mother sarcastically before walking away.

"Where'd all the kids go?" Susannah asked looking around the backyard.

"Uh, more for us." John shrugged with a smile.

"That's the spirit, John, my eternal optimist."

"Ooh, I want the piece with the strawberries!" Belly exclaimed drunkenly stumbling over to Susannah. Everything happened in slow motion as Belly accidentally crashed into Susannah. The blonde woman went down and her cake went with her.

"Belly, are you okay?" John rushed to his daughter's side as Adam went to Susannah's.

"Honey, are you okay?" The man asked worriedly. "Here, let me help you up."

"Adam, I'm fine." She said harshly.

"Come on. Please."

"I got it. I got it, stop it." The blonde woman shouted finally standing up. "God, just go away."

"I-I'm sorry." The Conklin girl mumbled as she looked at the damage she had caused. She could see her moms disappointed face and her dad's worried one. Susannah was clearly trying to hold back tears as she rushed inside the house.

Belly felt terrible. As she looked down at the smashed cake. She knew how much the glass tray meant to Susannah and she had just destroyed it.

When her eyes finally moved away from the cake she caught sight of Violet and Conrad standing in the doorway. The boy was turning to go after his mother as the girl just stood there shocked.

It wasn't seeing Conrad with Violet that finally set the girl off. It was seeing the sparkling silver chain that hung around the girl's neck.