[ twelve ]

⊹ Chapter 12 ⊹
Birthday Girl

⊹ Chapter 12 ⊹Birthday Girl

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

A few days had passed since Violet listened in on Conrad and Belly's conversation. She still didn't know how she felt about what she heard. But Violet was determined not to let her doubts ruin her summer vacation.

Today was Belly's birthday. Everyone was rushing around the kitchen making the girl's special pancakes. Violet was quietly sitting at the table next to Conrad. The boy's hand was firmly placed on her thigh as the two watched Steven and Jeremiah at the stove.

"Golden brown and crisp. That's how it's supposed to look." Steven smirked looking over at his friend.

"How's it going over there?" Laurel asked finishing wrapping up one of Belly's gifts.

"Look at these pancakes." Steven boasted placing down the plate. Laurel rolled her eyes at her son but didn't get to scold him because at that exact moment Belly walked into the kitchen.

"Morning, everyone." The birthday girl greeted with a wave.

"Happy birthday!" Everyone exclaimed making an overwhelmed blush appear on Belly's face.

"Hey! Susannah laughed wrapping her arms around the girl. "There's the birthday girl, looking like a vision in floral."

"Happy sweet 16, Bells." Jeremiah was the next one to wrap Belly in a hug. "Now Belly Button's getting old finally."

"Happy birthday Isabel!" Violet spoke up from her spot at the table next to Conrad.

"Thanks, everyone."

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." Laurel gushed pulling her daughter into yet another hug. "Your Mickey Mouse pancakes are ready."

"Actually, I'm not really, uh, hungry." Belly mumbled not looking at Violet or Conrad. She was a little embarrassed by the fact that she still wanted Mickey Mouse pancakes at 16.

"Oh. Shall we open gifts?" Laurel questioned a little off guard.

"Oh, you're gonna love mine." Susannah cheered.

♒︎

The party was moved into the living room where everyone was sitting around Belly. Conrad was sitting on the chair farthest away from the girl. Violet was perched on his lap. The boys arms
wrapped tightly around her waist.