[ one ]

⊹ Chapter 1 ⊹
Welcome to Cousins

⊹ Chapter 1 ⊹Welcome to Cousins

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

"Are you excited about this summer?" Rose Montgomery asked her daughter as she helped her pack for the teens upcoming vacation.

"Super excited!" Violet laughed. "I'm so happy Conrad invited me. He always talks about how much fun they have there in the summer. I can't wait to see what it's all about."

"Well I'm happy that you're so excited." Rose smiled at her daughter. "It's awfully nice of Susannah to let you stay with them. Lord knows she has her hands full with those two boys."

"Oh come on mom! They're not that bad!"

"That Jeremiah is something else sweetheart." The older woman laughed shaking her head. "I'm just praying he doesn't corrupt my sweet and innocent baby this summer."

"Mom!" Violet groaned trying to pull away from her mother's suffocating hug. Little did her mother know that she was worried about the wrong Fisher brother corrupting Violet.

Violet and her mother were extremely close especially after her father had left them for another woman. The girl admired how strong her mom was. She couldn't understand why her father would give up someone as good as her but Violet figured it was his loss.

"Are you sure you're going to be fine without me this summer?" The red head questioned her mother as she folded a pink crop top.

"Of course sweetheart. I'm a big girl. I can look after myself."

"I know mom. I just don't want you to be lonely here without me."

"Don't worry about me Flower! I want you to go and have a great time with your boyfriend. I'll find something to occupy myself with."

Violet blushed at the nickname that her mother had called her. Rose always said that Violet was her beautiful little flower that never stopped blooming.

"Are you 100% sure?"

"1,000%!" Rose nodded with a smile. "Go have fun and be young! I miss my teenage years. Those are the best times of your life!"

"Okay but you have to call or text me every day." Violet instructed sounding like a parent.

"Okay mom." Rose laughed at her daughter's serious expression.

♒︎

"You ready for this?" Conrad questioned loading his girlfriend's bags into the back of his Jeep.

"Definitely." She smiled wrapping her arms around his waist. "I can't wait to spend the summer with you."

Conrad smirked leaning down to press a quick kiss to the red headed girl's lips. "Lucky me." He winked.

Today was a good day for Conrad. He wasn't in one of his grumpy moods where everyone and everything annoyed him. Most of the time during those days the only person he wouldn't snap on was Violet. But there were even some days where she fell victim to his mood swings.

But not today.

Today Conrad was smiling and happy. He couldn't wait to get to the house and show Violet around. He knew that he immediately wanted to take her out and teach her how to surf. It was one of the things that he had promised he'd teach her on their first date.

"Do you think Jere's mad that you made him ride solo with your mom?" Violet asked from the passenger seat. She was playing with Conrad's fingers as she held his hand that wasn't placed on the wheel.

"Probably." The boy laughed. "But he knows I wanted to spend some alone time with you before we get there."

"Aww Connie." She blushed lifting his hand that she was holding to place a tender kiss on the back of it.

"I just figured we should soak up our alone time before we're surrounded by the craziness that is the Fisher's and Conklin's."

"I'm sure you guys aren't that bad all together."

"Then you're in for a surprise."

♒︎

Conrad pulled into the driveway and parked right behind his mother's car. The Fisher's were the first ones to arrive like they were every year. The Conklin family wouldn't be there until later that day.

Jeremiah, who had been patiently waiting until they arrived at the house, jumped out of the car the first chance he got. He couldn't take his mother's ranting about wanting to paint everyone's portraits this summer anymore. It was basically all she talked about the whole journey there.

It was safe to say that Violet was startled when Jeremiah basically tackled the girl from behind. She was too focused on trying to lift her suitcase out of the back of the Jeep that she didn't even notice the boy come up behind her.

"Lettie you gotta save me from mom!" He begged wrapping his arms around her waist and laying his head on the girl's shoulder. "It's terrible. She wants to paint me first!"

"Get off of her Jere." Conrad ordered rolling his eyes as he pushed his younger brother away from his girlfriend.

"Oh come on Con!" Jeremiah laughed jokingly pushing his brother back. "You know Violet loves me. Maybe even more then she loves you."

"Doubt it." The boy scoffed taking Violet's bag out of the trunk with ease. The girl in question stood there with wide eyes at how easy it was for him to lift the heavy luggage out of the trunk. She had been struggling for the past couple of minutes.

"Well while you're busy getting our bags I'll go show your girl around the house." The younger Fisher brother smirked grabbing Violet's hand and dragging her away before she could even protest.

Susannah smiled fondly as she watched her youngest son lead Violet into the house. She was happy that Conrad invited the girl to stay with them. Violet was the one person that could make Conrad happy even on his bad days.

"She's a great girl." The mother said smiling down at her son.

"I know." Conrad nodded.

"Don't lose her Connie."

"Don't plan on it." And he didn't. There was no way for Conrad to have known that the presence of one girl could turn his entire relationship upside down.