[ eight ]

⊹ Chapter 8 ⊹
Shop Til You Drop

⊹ Chapter 8 ⊹Shop Til You Drop

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

"Morning!" Violet greeted happily taking a seat next to her boyfriend on the couch.

Conrad didn't reply. He instead moved his head into the red haired girl's lap. He was extremely hung over from the night before.

Violet simply smiled down at Conrad as he buried his head into the fabric of her shirt. She knew the boy liked when she ran her fingers through his hair so that is exactly what she began doing.

"Morning Lettie!" Jeremiah greeted with a smile from his place at the stove before continuing his previous conversation with Laurel. "Do we really have to physically sit for our portraits?"

"Can't she just, like, look at a picture on her phone or something?" Steven chimed in as he leant over Jeremiah's shoulder, watching the Fisher boy make breakfast.

"Okay, get out." Jeremiah ordered getting annoyed with Steven breathing down his neck.

"What? Why?" Steven questioned confused.

"She needs to see you in the flesh in order to capture your essence. While you're still young and full of hope." Laurel explained typing away at her computer. "Her words."

"Well, Conrad does not have hope, actually." Jeremiah said jokingly. "He's hopeless, but my hangover smoothie... it cures all."

"Can you please just hurry up?" Conrad groaned from the couch. He was trying to block everyone out and only focus on Violet's hands running through his hair.

"Just go back to bed, all right?" Jeremiah shouted back to his older brother. "All right, seriously, Steven, get out."

"Oh, come on." Steven smirked.

"This is a delicate science, and your heavy breathing is gonna break the yolk."

"Okay. Okay, okay." The Conklin boy sighed backing away.

"She hasn't painted you since you were little. I think it'd be nice to have these portraits for when you're older." Laurel cut in.

"Old." Steven scoffed. "No. When I'm older, I'm sure there'll be, like, like, holograms or something I can watch of myself, you know?"

"Just sit for your portraits." Laurel sighed tiredly. "I don't see Conrad complaining."

"He'll complain when he's conscious." Jeremiah laughed walking over towards his brother and Violet.