[ twenty eight ]

⊹ Chapter 28 ⊹
Truth Hurts

⊹ Chapter 28 ⊹Truth Hurts

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

Nicole didn't tell Violet what she was planning on doing later that night. She didn't want her friend to be involved. She knew she probably shouldn't be doing it but she didn't care.

So while Conrad dragged her new friend away to talk, Nicole wondered over to Belly and Taylor.

"Belly. Hey."

"Hey, Nicole." The Conklin girl smiled nervously. "Uh, you remember my friend Taylor?"

"Yeah, hi." She nodded before focusing back on Belly. "Um, so my dad's boat just came up from Anguilla. What do you guys think about a pizza and rosé in a few hours? Just something fun to end the day." Nicole asked hoping Belly would say yes. "And you're more than welcome to come, too, Taylor."

"Will Kayla be there?" Taylor wondered purposefully calling the girl the wrong name.

"You mean Shayla." Nicole laughed shaking her head. "No, she has plans with Liam and all those people."

"Yeah, we'll be there." Belly agreed knowing Taylor would want to go.

"Okay, great can't wait!" The curly haired girl smiled brightly. "See you guys later!"

♒︎

"Conrad I really do not want to do this here." The girl sneered as she leaned against the wall. Conrad had just forced her into a small sitting room inside of the country club. They could still faintly hear the people outside.

"Yeah well you're not going to talk to me later so we're doing this now."

"There's nothing to talk about." Violet mumbled refusing to look at him.

"That's such bullshit and you know it!" Conrad yelled not meaning to scare her but the girl flinched anyway. "You've been gone for the past two days! What the fuck is going on?"

"Fine you want to do this?" Violet yelled back earning a nod from her boyfriend. "Why the hell do I have to find out from Jeremiah that MY boyfriend is making out with his childhood best friend while he's supposed to be waiting for me?"

"What?" That's all Conrad could manage to say. He couldn't believe that she knew. And Jeremiah told her.

"You heard me! You cheated on me! You told me not to worry about her but clearly I was right to be worried!"

"No Vi. You have it all wrong." The boy sighed sadly. "I would never cheat on you."

"So you and Isabel didn't kiss?"