[ thirty five ]

⊹ Chapter 35 ⊹
The Truth Will Set You Free

⊹ Chapter 35 ⊹The Truth Will Set You Free

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

Shortly after Jeremiah and Steven's dance routine was over it was time for the couples to sit down for dinner.

Dinner was a choice between steak and chicken. Violet went with the chicken while Conrad chose the steak. Susannah asked if he'd chosen that particular option because he was planning to bulk up for the next football season.

Her question naturally made Conrad a little annoyed but he tried to play it off not wanting to ruin the mood of the night. The Fisher boy was thankful that Paige and had come to speak to his mother effectively taking her attention off of him.

"You know, this room, the room looks stunning." The blonde woman gushed. "I just... I really want to thank you."

"Oh, that's so sweet." Paige smiled happily accepting the praise.

"You've made this a really special night for both of my boys."

While Susannah was going on a tangent about how beautiful everyone and everything was, Jeremiah and Belly were having their own conversation. Both Violet and Conrad couldn't help but listen in on the two.

"Hey, does my mom seem okay to you?" Jeremiah asked skeptically observing his mom's drunken behavior.

"Sure, why?" Belly shrugged not looking up at him while stabbing her fork into her chicken.

"I don't know, she's been sleeping a lot and smoking a lot more pot."

"She seems fine to me."

"Yeah, but I heard your parents talk about it and your mom seemed really upset." The curly haired boy sighed.

Conrad felt guilty that he was the only one besides the adults to know about his moms condition. He could tell from the look on Violet's face that she was thinking about what Jeremiah was saying.

"I don't..." Belly trailed off not knowing what else to say to Jeremiah.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom." The younger brother mumbled quickly leaving the table.

♒︎

It was time for the big dance that the girls had spent weeks practicing for.