[ four ]

⊹ Chapter 4 ⊹
Jealousy

⊹ Chapter 4 ⊹Jealousy

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

After the awkward dinner with the Conklin's and Fisher's, Conrad immediately slipped outside for a smoke. He needed to calm down and forget about all of his problems.

He told Violet that he'd be out there. Conrad knew it would probably take her a while to pick out an outfit so he figured he'd have enough time for a smoke before everyone was ready to leave for the bonfire.

The only thing Conrad forgot was that someone liked to use the pool at night. This someone also happened to be the person he was trying to avoid. The Fisher boy had been trying to steer clear of Belly after what happened earlier that day in the pool.

Conrad wasn't stupid. As much as he pretended not to know about the girl's crush on him, he wasn't blind. He could tell that their interaction in the pool had meant something to Belly. At some point in time it probably would have even meant something to Conrad. But he didn't feel that way about her anymore.

At least that was what he was telling himself.

Conrad would never admit it aloud but he did have a crush on the Conklin girl when he was younger. But he pushed it away. He knew his younger brother also liked the girl. Conrad always thought Jeremiah was the better option for her.

And besides, he had Violet now.

He loved Violet. He really truly did. That's why it would just be better for everyone if he kept his distance from the Conklin girl. Conrad didn't want to give her any hope that there could ever be anything between them because he had Violet. And he loved Violet.

If only Belly was smart and saved her heart from the pain that came with loving Conrad Fisher.

♒︎

Violet smiled admiring her outfit in the mirror totally unaware of the conversation her boyfriend was having with a certain girl out by the pool. This was about the 10th thing she had tried on. Violet just couldn't decide what to wear. She didn't want to dress up too much but she also wanted to look good.

She was getting ready for some bonfire that the boys were dragging her too. The girl wouldn't lie and say she wasn't excited because she was. She was hoping that it would be a chance for her and Conrad to spend some alone time together.

After much deliberation the Montgomery girl finally decided to go with the first outfit she had tried on. It was a simple white tank top with some jean shorts. Violet also stole one of Conrad's button ups to pair over top of the tank top in case she ended up getting cold.