[ twenty two ]

⊹ Chapter 22 ⊹
The Necklace

⊹ Chapter 22 ⊹The Necklace

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

Now in Conrad's room the couple stood a few feet apart thinking about what they wanted to say to each other.

Violet glanced down at her soaking wet bikini and sighed. She figured she might as well buy herself some more time to think over her words as she changed into dry clothes.

The Fisher boy was awkwardly shifting from one foot to the other as he watched Violet begin pulling down her swimsuit bottoms. If it wasn't for the serious look on Violet's face, he definitely would have made some kind of comment.

But Conrad held himself back. He knew if he said anything she'd probably strangle him.

"Aren't you going to get changed?" The red head asked from across the room. She'd noticed that her boyfriend made no move to change like she had.

"Oh uh yeah." Conrad nodded lunging towards his closest door. He wanted to please her so he quickly began getting changed. "I just thought you wanted to talk right away."

"I do want to talk." Violet replied pulling one of Conrad's sweatshirts over her head. "I just don't feel like being in a tight and soaking wet swimsuit anymore." Conrad nodded at her words pulling on a shirt himself. "Plus we might be here awhile so we might as well get comfortable right?"

Her last sentence wasn't supposed to be ominous but it kind of was.

Conrad wasn't sure what she was thinking but her words made him nervous. What if she decided to break up with him just because of Belly?

"Okay so..." Violet sighed as she took a seat on the edge of Conrad's bed. She'd waited until he was fully dressed before she began speaking. "I guess I just want to know if there's anything between you and Isabel."

"You're joking right?" The boy laughed. He couldn't believe she even had to ask that.

"No I'm not joking Conrad."

"Why would there ever be anything going on between Belly and I?" He laughed again. "I mean seriously? Belly? She's like my annoying little sister."

"Well she clearly thinks there's something between the two of you." The Montgomery girl shrugged looking at her wide eyed boyfriend.

"Vi, I swear on my life there's absolutely nothing going on between Belly and I." Conrad said seriously grabbing her hand. He looked her directly in the eye as he recited those words. He needed her to know that he was being honest.