[ nine ]

⊹ Chapter 9 ⊹
Tea Time

⊹ Chapter 9 ⊹Tea Time

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

It was now time for them to get ready for the tea party. Susannah said it's where all the girls get to meet each other and their big sisters. Susannah and Laurel were both helping Belly pick out her dress while Violet was finishing curling her hair.

None of the boys were home. Steven and Jeremiah were both at the country club hard at work. While Conrad went down to the beach to surf.

Violet chose to wear a longer white dress that had blue flowers on it. She thought that the colors of the dress would look good with her red hair. For shoes she just chose a simple pair of white heels.

The Montgomery kept her makeup and hair simple as well. She didn't like to wear a lot of makeup but she knew she needed to cover the bruise on her nose. So she applied a bit more concealer than she normally would and the bruise was almost nonexistent.

Once Violet was satisfied with her appearance she made her way towards Belly's room where she was still getting ready.

"Oh Violet you look gorgeous!" Susannah gushed when she noticed the red haired girl enter the room.

"That dress is beautiful." Laurel smiled.

"Okay we can finally get these on." The blonde woman said excitedly grabbing something out of a box. "So they're called fascinators, and all the girls will be wearing them." Susannah explained holding up a very strange looking hat.

"Seriously?" Laurel asked.

"Yes! They're all the rage." The Fisher woman responded.

"It's interesting." Violet mumbled awkwardly as she examined the blue hat that Susannah was holding.

"I don't know about this." Belly sighed.

"Come on. Come on!" Susannah exclaimed. "Here Violet this one is yours."

Violet hesitantly took the hat from Susannah. It took her a minute or two until she finally figured out how to style it on her head.

It looked weird but also not bad at the same time. Violet figured she wouldn't look so out of place once she was around other girls who were also wearing the strange head pieces.

♒︎

"Honey?" Susannah called out when she heard the front door close. She knew it had to be Conrad because everyone else was busy. "Hey, hon?"