[ seven ]

⊹ Chapter 7 ⊹
Nothings Going On

⊹ Chapter 7 ⊹Nothings Going On

⊹• ━━━━༺•❁•༻━━━━ •⊹

"Officers, thank you. It won't happen again, I can promise you that much." Laurel apologized as she led the cops out the door.

"Tell Mr. Fisher the chief wants to set up a tee time when he gets back in town."

"Absolutely." She nodded faking a smile. "Sorry again for all the trouble. Have a good night, Officers."

As soon as the front door was closed, Laurel turned to the teenagers that were gathered in the hallway. Violet who was sitting next to Conrad on a bench was nervous. She had never gotten in trouble with the police before.

"How could you guys be so irresponsible?" Laurel practically screamed glaring down at the teens.

"Mom, it wasn't a big deal." Steven spoke brushing the whole thing off. "All right? Seriously. The cops were just looking to break up the bonfire."

"Not a big deal?" The woman scoffed. "I would say getting picked up by the cops for underage drinking is a pretty big deal, Steven"

"Were-were you guys, you guys smoking tonight?" Steven blurted out after sniffing the air.

"What?" Laurel instantly asked. She was clearly caught off guard by that question. Violet found it a little suspicious. Why would she be acting like that if they weren't actually smoking? "Keep your voice down. Susannah's asleep on the couch."

"Well, I wasn't yelling."

"Well, you-you were." The woman stuttered.

"Just so you know, Laurel, I-I didn't drink tonight. I was the DD, I swear." Jeremiah announced hoping to make the woman feel a little better about the situation.

"You're the oldest. What the hell's gotten into you?" Laurel questioned looking at Conrad before turning to her daughter. "And when did you leave the house without telling anybody? And what in the world are you wearing?"

"It's Taylor's." Belly shrugged looking down at her pink dress. "And why am I the only one who's not allowed to go out?"

"It's not that you're not allowed, it's that you should have told us you were going. How did you even get there?"

"I walked."

"Jesus." Laurel gasped throwing her hands up. "You know better than to walk that far down the beach alone late at night."