Mad Max (Part 1)

*edited as of 6.28.2022 - been editing as I go. Also thank you so much for Season 1! It reached 1.4k views!*

*Third Person POV*

"Son of a bitch." Dustin Henderson mumbled, pacing around the living room. He was looking underneath everything. "Son of a bitch!"

"A police chase rocked downtown Pittsburgh earlier this evening..."

He ran past the T.V that his mom had her eyes glued onto. He checked the other cushions and fished out a penny. He sighed disappointingly.

He chucked the penny away, nearly throwing it at his mom and cat. "Another stupid penny!" He grumbled.

His mom startled when the penny landed near her and cluttered to the ground. "Dusty, watch it!" She said. "You almost hit Mews."

Dustin turned away from the couch and faced his mom. "Can I please check under your cushions?"

"Dusty?"

"Mom, please, it's an emergency!" Dustin complained.

She let out a mocking whine and sat up from her seat, to which Dustin mocked back in the same response.

Dustin's mom cradled Mews in her arms and cooed, "Who's your buddy? Who's your buddy?"

She then turned to Dustin. "Honey? Is (Y/n) getting ready?"

"I don't know," He said, while checking the cushions. "Girls take forever, how should I know?" He ended up finding two quarters and he smiled as he held it up to the light. "Love you, mom!"

He ran up to his bedroom to put on the headphones and grabbed the walkie-talkie. "Dustin!" a voice popped up from across the hallway. "Are you ready yet?"

"Lucas, do you copy?" He radioed, "I've got four quarters. What's your haul?"

"Take your puny haul and multiply that by five." Lucas replied immediately, much to Dustin's surprise.

"Dustin!"

"How?" Dustin ignored the voice and continued the conversation.

"While you were scrounging around like a homeless bum, I mowed Old Man Humphrey's lawn." Lucas said.

"Old Man Humphrey's got that kinda cash?" Dustin asked.

"Just call Mike already." Lucas grumbled.

"You call Mike!"

"I have to go take a shower from doing real work, like a man. Over and out."

"There you are." A girl with (h/c), (colored tshirt, and pants) came into full view. She had her arms crossed over her chest. Dustin looked at her with a tilted head. "I've been trying to find you. Are you ready yet?"

Dustin shook his head. "Been trying to see what the others gathered. How about you, (Y/n)? Did you-?"

She held up a piggy bank and shook it a bit, so her brother could hear that it was nearly filled. He responded with his jaw dropped. 

"I wanna say...uhm," (Y/n) pursed her lips. "About fourteen bucks." She answered as he continued fumbling over his words. "Don't worry, I plan on sharing a majority of my savings with you so you could get top score."

Dustin almost teared up at the sound of that. "You...are..." He stood up from the floor and got all giddy. "The nicest sister...ever!" Dustin wrapped his arms around her and planted a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

"Ew, Dustin..." She complained, wiping the slop off her cheek. "But you're right though, I am." (Y/n) grinned at that.

Ever since they adopted (Y/n) Henderson, the two siblings always looked out for each other. They cared for each other. Dustin always mentioned how proud he was to call (Y/n) his little sister, and she had grown so much over the last few years.

"Thanks, sis." He said with a smile.

"So, have you called Mike yet?"

"Well, no, I was just about to-." Dustin started to say, and then she snatched the headphones from him. One of the parts smacked him in the face as she grabbed it. "Ow, (Y/n)!"

"Mike, do you copy?" (Y/n) called out in the walkie-talkie. "Mike, do you copy?"

She let go of the button and they waited for Mike to respond. "(Y-Y/n)!" Mike replied right away. "Yeah, yeah, I copy."

"Wow, that was quick." (Y/n) muttered, looking at her brother in confusion. She pressed the button once more. "Mike, what are you doing on this channel?"

"Uhm, waiting to hear from you?" They could hear him shuffling in the background, followed by crackling static.

"Well, I'm here." (Y/n) smiled, ignoring the teasing from her brother. She playfully shoved him away. "Anyways, we wanted to know. Dustin and I have about fourteen bucks in quarters. What's your haul?"

"Wait, seriously? S-shit, I don't know yet."

Dustin and (Y/n) raised their eyebrows together in shock. "Wait, you don't?" She asked and pouted. "Mike, but the claw game-."

"I know, I know I promised, (Y/n). Just hold on, call Will."

"Mike-!" She started to say, but then they didn't hear anything after that. The signal had cut off completely. "Wow. Didn't that seem weird to you?" She looked at her brother with a frown. "He sounded almost distracted."

"Oh, like last night, when you were too distracted to talk to me and you were practicing your magic?" Dustin snickered at me.

"Hey, quiet down!" She whispered, closing the door behind her. "I-I don't want mom to hear. She might think I'm a freak, and it's not magic. It's telekinesis."

"Yeah, uh-huh, sure, it's magic." He raised his eyebrows, as a matter of fact. "Jokes aside, come on, (Y/n), you're far from a freak." Dustin smiled, and she looked up at him. "You didn't join this group just to be normal. Normal's boring, and besides, you can talk to me about anything. You know that, right?"

She looked away and placed her hand over her arm, "I-I don't know, it's just not the time." She said. "Please, you have to promise me to not tell her."

"I never said I would."

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at this. "Anyways, all I'm doing is honing my powers." She clarified. "I don't want to have to recharge every time I use my powers."

"Ah, you wizard." He said. "You'll be fine."

"This isn't Dungeons and Dragons! This is real, I'm a real mage." She complained. "I'm serious."

"Hey, I'm serious, too," he said, then he changed the subject. "How are you coming along with the memories of your past?"

(Y/n)'s memories came flooding back when she protected her friends back at the school against the Demogorgon. The night of the attack, her and Dustin had sat in her room talking. Her parents were still unknown to her. All she knew was that she came from that place where Eleven was held in that facility, and that (Y/n) had incredible powers.

Those powers got her stuck in a situation. She had chosen to sacrifice herself, sacrifice the new love her and Mike found together, and sacrifice being a sister to Dustin.

She thought she could do it all. But Eleven knew what she was doing, and stopped her from wasting those newer memories.

(Y/n) and Eleven were quite close up until the end. They had a connection, a powerful connection every time they used their powers together. To Eleven, (Y/n) was like a big sister to her. So, to remember her, (Y/n) pretty much practiced her telekinetic abilities at home and even used her brother as target practice.

Dustin didn't mind it. He thought it was the "coolest shit ever", with his sister using her superpowers on him. Plus, he didn't even mind the fact that her and Mike are official now. Eleven probably doesn't even know about us, (Y/n) thinks.

Everyone else knew. Dustin had taken every opportunity to tease his sister about it. He didn't want to pass it up.

"Right, ready to go?" (Y/n) broke through the awkward silent. Dustin had his hands in his pockets and removed one of them to clap a hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah, let's get going, or your boyfriend might start to worry." He smirked.

She playfully shoved him and he also did the same. Their giggling echoed down the hallway as they grabbed their stuff.