The Mind Flayer (Part 3)

Hopper picked up Will from the table and they started to head outside. "Wait a second, Chief?" Dr. Owens called out to him.

"What?" Hopper asked, and Dr. Owens handed him the walkie-talkie. "What are you doing?"

"Anymore surprises, I'll let you know." Dr. Owens said. "Go." Hopper just stared at him, wondering what he was planning. "Go!"

Hopper had Will over his shoulders, and a gun at his chest. He scoped the area with the flashlight before making the first step with Mrs. Byers and Mike following behind him.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Bob and I hurried up the stairwell together. "Hey, guys?" Dr. Owens asked all of a sudden.

"Yeah?" Bob whispered into the walkie-talkie.

"I'm gonna guide you, okay?"

"Is there a problem?" I asked him.

"No, it's just...It's, uh, getting a little crowded up here." Dr. Owens said. "So, we're gonna have to take this slow."

"Okay." He replied and looked at me.

"All right, just start walking with (Y/n). - Okay, good, now, to you guys' next right."

We turned to a corridor with bodies spread out.

"Now, keep going, keep going, keep going..." Bob grabbed my forearm and pulled me along, until he stopped suddenly.

"Stop!"

We both halted in place

"Guys, there's a door on your left." Dr. Owens said. "Do you see that?"

"Yeah?" we said.

"That's a closet." Dr. Owens instructed.

"Okay?"

"Yeah, I need you both to get in it."

"What?" I asked.

"Now! Right now. Get in the closet!"

I was about to ask questions, but Bob had pushed me inside with him. He turned off the flashlight and we stayed quiet. I kept my hand to my mouth and kept myself from making whimpering noises. The closet was just big enough for the two of us so it wasn't cramped.

We could hear the monster growling softly outside, and I saw the shadow on the ground. It's head was leaning over to see if we were inside and it walked away.

We were sweating bullets nervously.

"How are you and (Y/n) holding up there, Bob?" I heard Dr. Owens ask. "You guys all right?"

"Yeah, yeah." Bob said. "We're okay."

"You got a pretty clear shot to the front door."

"Okay."

"You both can do this, okay? You're both almost home free, all right, you two?"

We walked out of the closet together, slowly. We didn't notice that something fell from the side of the closet. It might've been a broomstick, but it made a loud thud and we held our breath for just a moment, and time slowed down.

We both saw the monster, turning its head slowly to us, and we breathed heavily. "Run!!" Dr. Owens shouted in the earpiece.

We pumped our legs as fast as we could, and I made a gasp that echoed through the hallway. It was like white noise. We kept turning our heads back over our shoulders to see how close the monster was.