The Pollywog (Part 1)

(A/n: Sorry this chapter took a little longer than it took! Each part is fairly long. Also, uhm, fair warning, lots of dark, edgy stuff around here, cursing and the like. I hope you enjoy!)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Dustin opened the door and stepped inside once we got the creature stuffed in his handy-dandy trap. The door did squeak a little loudly when I closed the door behind me, so when it squeaked, Dustin shushed at me. I shushed back in response in a snarky way.

"Dusty! (Y/n)!" Mom called out right before we made our way to the hallway. I winced. "Guys, how was it?"

"H-How was what?" Dustin stammered after we were quiet for a moment. I budged him to get him to answer first.

"How was what?" Mom repeated after him. "The greatest night of the year, of course! Did you enjoy your night, you two?"

"Oh, oh yeah." Dustin said, and then exchanged a nervous look with me. "It was...it was...Tubular." I mentally made a note to facepalm later.

"What's wrong with you both?" she looked at us in confusion. I smiled nervously to her, but even I couldn't find the words to say. "(Y/n)? Are you alright, honey? You haven't said a word."

"Oh, it's nothing, mom." I chuckled nervously.

"Did something happen between you and your boyfriend?" She asked and I blushed.

"No." I said, a little too defensively. "What? No?"

"Are you a constipated again?"

Dustin had a big smile on his face when he turned to me and I glared at him. "No, mom!" I complained. "If anything, Dustin might be."

"I am not!" He squeaked.

"Okay, you're both acting weird." Mom said.

"We are not acting weird." I assured her, and then we heard the creature rattling around his trap box. Mom yelped, which made me jump in place, and we laughed nervously. Mews looked up at the box, and hissed.

"Awesome, right?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, did you know Dustin rigged the trap himself?" I asked, and elbowed him to go along with it.

"I rigged it with a motor to make it look like I caught a ghost." He said. "Just like the movie."

Mom laughed again, but a little more worriedly as she glanced at the box that shook around Dustin's hand. Suddenly, the laughing became contagious and it worried me and Dustin a little more. "Funny..." I said, my laughter dying down. "Look at that. We should get going to bed. It's getting late. Goodnight, mom!"

"Night mom, we love you!" Dustin called out to her, and followed me down the hallway.

I looked behind my shoulder just to wave goodnight, but I headed back into Dustin's room and closed the door behind me.

"I told you to stay quiet!" I heard Dustin talk to the creature in his box. "All you had to do was stay still for one minute."

"Dustin, are you serious?" I asked in a hushed tone so mom wouldn't hear us. He was walking towards his reptile cage.

"It's going to be okay, (Y/n)." He whispered back, but then he pointed at me. "Don't you dare tell mom and I won't tell her anything about your powers."

"Tell her what?" I asked, "That you're keeping a monster in your room?! Dustin, what if it attacks you in your sleep?"

Dustin handed me his turtle after lifting the tank's lid open. "Here, hold him." He said. "Sorry Yertle. Temporary eviction, buddy."