Dig Dug (Part 3)

*Third Person POV*

Hopper stepped over the root inside the tunnels. He tried to reach someone over his walkie-talkie. "Does anybody copy?" He asked. "Look, if anybody copies, this is Jim Hopper, Hawkins' Chief..." He stopped in place and stepped on something.

Something made him point the flashlight to the ground.

He looked around and saw bones that were decomposing. Something moved underneath his feet, and he took a step back with a gasp. Hopper moved forward and held up a lighter to the wall. The wall was squelching with its vines and it screeched in response to the fire.

These vines were alive.

Hopper took off his coat, and attached it to one of the bones to make a torch. He lit the lighter at the end of it, and placed it onto the wall. The vines screeched and made a hole.

Hopper pushed through to make an opening.

~~~

"Guys, this is Dustin again." Dustin turned the radio back on. He stopped shoveling for a moment. "Does anyone copy? This is a code red. I repeat, a code red!"

He was in the kitchen, looking for some items underneath the kitchen cabinet. "I really need someone to pick up here." He picked up his gloves and put them on. "Hopper's MIA, and I've got a code red. Code red!"

Later on, he tried to scrub the floors clean from earlier and called out to the party. "All right, it's Dustin again." He radioed. "Seriously, I have a code red."

"Could you please shut up?" A small, female voice responded, annoyed.

"Erica?" Dustin perked up. "Erica, is Lucas there? Where is he?"

"Don't know. Don't care."

"Is he-Is he with Mike and my sister?"

"Like I said, I don't know, and I don't care." Erica replied.

"Please tell him it's super important. Please tell him that I have a code-"

"Code red?" She asked.

"Yep, code red." He grinned to himself. "Exactly."

"Mhm..." She muttered. "I got a code for you instead. It's called code shut-your-mouth."

Dustin heard her signal off, but still wanted to make sure she wasn't there. "E-Erica?" he stuttered, with his jaw dropped.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Bob laid out the map of Hawkins onto the kitchen table and spread it out flatly. He pulled out a pen from his jacket pocket, and started working.

"All right. I'm 3.6 inches, what do you got?" Bob called out.

I had to stop myself from snickering from my sense of humor.

"I'm not sure!" Mike said, he held up the measuring tape up to Lovers' Lake. "(Y/n)?"

"Hold on!" I said, following Mrs. Byers around the hallway. She wanted me to hold up the measuring tape up to Tippecanoe.

"Twenty-one feet. Four inches!" Mrs. Byers announced.

"What about Tippecanoe to Danford Creek?" Bob asked.

Mrs. Byers looked at me and I shrugged. She sighed and stammered, "D-Danford? Where's Danford?"

"Dining room!" Will turned and pointed to the wall behind him.

I let go of the measuring tape and handed it to Mrs. Byers who rushed out to the dining room. I followed after her. "Sixteen feet, ten inches." Mrs. Byers said.