The Lost Sister (Part 2)

"And this memory your mother shared...that is your only memory of me and (Y/n)?" Kali asked Eleven on the rooftop of the warehouse.

"Yes."

"Where is (Y/n) anyway?"

Eleven pursed her lips and looked away. "She's back home."

"Why isn't she with you?"

"She's with her boyfriend and her adopted brother. She's happy."

Kali nodded, but also seemed confused. "When you mentioned that (Y/n) lost her memory...You also mentioned she awakened to her powers as of last year. How did that happen?"

Eleven explained it to her, as much as she could, without leaving the horrors that's happening in Hawkins at the moment.

"So, she doesn't even remember me in that room together with you two?"

"No." Eleven said.

"Good." Kali said which surprised Eleven. "And how long have you been with this policeman?"

"Three hundred and twenty seven days."

Kali had clasped her hands together. "And this policeman, he thinks he can work out some sort of deal with these men to set you free?"

"Yes. He says soon."

"He's naïve then." Kali said. "It proves that we'll always be monsters to them. Do you understand?"

Eleven nodded.

"Let me guess." Kali said. "Your policeman, he also stops you from seeing (Y/n) and her boyfriend from using your gifts to teach her?"

She nodded once more, and felt sad.

"What you can do is incredible." Kali said, and then placed a hand on her arm. "You don't need (Y/n). She seems irrelevant."

"Irrelevant?" Eleven asked.

Kali nodded. "Listen, you say you both are somehow connected, but don't know how it is or why you can do things when you're together. She's living her life on her own with her own family and boyfriend, and probably doesn't need you. That's what I mean by irrelevant, she's not even making an attempt to look for you."

Eleven looked confused at first. She just didn't understand what she meant. That she didn't need (Y/n).

But that's not true, is it? Does Eleven really need her if (Y/n) is living the normal life? Like Eleven always wanted?

"You're very special, Jane."

"Wait." Eleven spoke up and wondered. "Do you have a gift?"

"I can make people see, or not see, whatever I choose." Kali said, with a grin.

"Is that why you made the man with the crazy hair dance?" Eleven looked at her in confusion.

"Axel is not so fond of spiders, so..." Kali chuckled.

"You made him see spiders?"

Kali nodded, and Eleven smiled.

"But it doesn't have to be scary." Kali pointed out. She opened her hand to reveal a blue butterfly. It shimmered in different colors. "This butterfly, it isn't real." Eleven's eyes sparkled. The butterfly flew out of her palm. "I've just convinced your mind it is. Think of it as a kind of magic."

Eleven waved at it, and it phased through her. Kali grabbed it and it disappeared into the palm of her hand. "Are you real?"

"Yes, I'm real."

Eleven poked at her several times to make sure, and they both were smiling. Kali swiped her hand away and they giggled.

~~~