The Gate (Part 5)

*(A/n: I've been adding stuff from Season 1 into this one, so it would flow a little better considering we are the ones with fuzzy memories!)*

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Hopper pressed the button so the elevator would stop moving. We all exchanged looks, and the two of them stepped back behind me.

"(Y/n), hold up your hand, and concentrate." Eleven said, and I nodded. "Feel the energy building up inside of you. Remember what it felt like when you first used your powers."

I held my hand up to the gate. I was unsure this would work, but everyone else counted on me to close the gate. My eyes gazed upon it, and the particles down here were even more dense than up above. It made it almost hard to breathe down here.

With my hand stretched out, the gate's light pulsated, as if it somehow knew. I looked upward, to see something dark floating behind the gate. It wanted out, and I was starting to get nervous.

What if...what if I can't do it?

Hopper placed his hand on the gun, also ready for it to attack.

~~~

*Third person POV*

"Help!" Mike screamed some more. "Help! Help! Help!"

"Mike!" Dustin shouted.

"Mike!" Steve said, running back. "Hold on!"

"Steve, pull him out!"

"Everybody back! Back!" Lucas said as Steve went over to slam his bat down on the vines. It broke free from Mike's ankle, and Mike stood back up again. Everyone came to check up on him. "You good?"

"You okay?" Dustin asked.

"Guys, we gotta go. We gotta go, now!" Steve said, and then they heard Dart growling behind them.

Steve placed a hand on Dustin's shoulder. "Dart?"

Dart growled, and purred lightly at him. Everyone watched Dustin walk forward, and started to tell him to stop.

"Shhh...Stop." Dustin held up his flashlight.

"Dustin, get back." Max panicked.

"Trust me, please."

Dart walked over to him, and Dustin removed his goggles and mask. "Hey, it's me, it's me." Dustin smiled. "It's just your friend, it's Dustin. It's Dustin, all right? You remember me? Will you let us pass?"

Dart opened up and snarled in response.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." Dustin apologized. "I'm sorry about the storm cellar. That was a pretty douchey thing to do. You hungry?" He pulled his backpack around. "Yeah?"

"He's insane." Lucas whispered.

"Don't." Mike whispered back.

"Shut up." Steve also whispered, and Max elbowed Lucas. Lucas was taken aback from the responses.

"I've got our favorite. See?" Dustin held up the chocolate. "Nougat." Dart walked over as Dustin unwrapped it. "Look at that. Yummy. Here, all right? Eat up, buddy. Come on. Come on..."

Dustin waved at everyone else and they quietly walked past them.

"There's plenty. I've got more." Dustin let the nougat down on the ground gently and Dart gobbled it up. Dustin walked away and put the goggles down. Dart looked up at him, and then went back to eating the nougat. "Goodbye, buddy."

Everyone waited for Dustin to put up his mask. "Let's go, let's go." Lucas whispered.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*