The Mind Flayer (Part 1)

**(A/n: So, a lot of things are happening in this episode 👀 I hope you guys enjoy it, and fair warning, lots of blood, and emotion)**

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Mother of God..."

Dr. Owens and Hopper stood before the glass that divided them between the real world and the Upside Down. It was the calm before the storm. Hopper walked over to look closely down at the gaping hole.

One by one, the monsters crawled out from it and snarled up at their prey.

One of the monsters slammed its whole body against the thick glass, and it screeched some more. "It's...It's polycarbonate." Dr. Owens stammered. "It can't get through."

Several more were coming up from the ground.

"Mother Mary and Joseph..." One of the scientists managed to say.

Dr. Owens, Hopper, and a few other scientists backed away from the glass. One of the monsters leaped forward, trying to shatter it.

"You sure about that glass?" Hopper asked, staring at the multiple cracks on it.

Dr. Owens panicked. He made the final decision to press the button on the control panel.

~~~

*(Y/n)'s POV*

Oh no...I thought.

We all looked up to hear the sirens blaring through the Lab. "We're too late." Mike said, keeping his arms around me from moving forward.

"What?" Bob asked.

"We're too late!" Mike screamed, and he grabbed my hand.

We hurried back into the room with Mrs. Byers looking confused. "What's going on?" She asked me.

"We're under attack." I said.

Mike looked around the room and picked up a syringe. "We need to make Will sleep." Mike suggested.

"Mike, are you crazy?" I asked at the same time Mrs. Byers exclaimed, "What?!"

"He's a spy!" Mike reminded us. "If he knows where we are, so does the shadow monster."

Will angrily looked at us. "He's lying!" Will shouted.

"He killed those soldiers." Mike said. "He'll kill us, too!"

Mrs. Byers and Bob tried to hold him back in his bed. "He's lying!" Will shouted at the top of his lungs. "He's lying! He's lying! He's lying! He's lying!"

My heart pounded out of fear, and it was so hard to see Will like this.

I jumped suddenly, turning around to hear gunshots out the hallway as Will continued to scream bloody Mary.

"Those are gunshots!" Bob exclaimed.

"What do we do?!" I asked, running my hands through my hair.

"He's lying!" Will continued. "He's lying!"

"Okay, Will, Will!" Mrs. Byers said, trying to calm him down. "Listen, listen. Do you know who I am?" She shook him once more. "Do you know who I am?"

"You're..." Will struggled to see through his own eyes. "You're...You're m-m-mom." His whole body trembled as he forced himself to say it. I knew deep down Will was fighting the shadow monster.

"Hold him down." Mrs. Byers instructed Bob and me.

"No, no!" Will whimpered.

"I'm sorry, Will!" I said.