Will the Wise (Part 2)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

"Dustin!" I called out to him before we got ready for school. I went to go knock on his bedroom door and he didn't reply. I finished brushing my teeth, and putting on some fresh clothes and grabbed my backpack. "Let's go! We're going to be late!"

"Yeah, in a second!" He called back out.

When we got to the bike, I stepped on the back pegs and hopped on. We rode to school together. "You know, it's really weird that you and Dart have a really special bond." I said.

"Like it's not weird that you and Mike have a really special bond?" He smirked at me and I made a face that said, "Touché." "Come on, (Y/n), be happy for me that I actually have a friend that cares about me."

"And you don't think I care about you, too?" I asked. "I'm your sister, doofus. Of course I care about you."

"Yeah, but you're my sister."

We got to the school just in time, and I hopped off the bike. We looked around and didn't see any of our friends nearby. "Hey, where is everyone?" I asked.

"I don't know." He shrugged.

"Stop being a baby and just do it already!" I overheard Mike say and I started feeling butterflies in my stomach.

"This is so disgusting." Max said. We ran over to the back of the school parking lot. "Is this really necessary?" We looked at Mike and Max who had been facing the school's trashcan.

"What the hell is going on?" Dustin asked.

"What do you think?" Mike asked. "We're looking for Dart."

"Jesus!" I said as a bag of trash nearly fell on me.

"(Y/n), watch out!" Dustin pulled me back and another trash bag was flown out of the garbage.

"Ugh..." Mike scoffed.

Lucas hopped out of the garbage and stood upright. "Well, well, well." Lucas said, looking at the two of us. "Look who finally decided showed up. After I drew the short straw." He looked at me and I rolled my eyes. "Real convenient, (Y/n)."

I was appalled. "Wha-" I mumbled. "You know I can't go anywhere without my brother. He was the one who's late!"

Max walked away from Lucas. "You stink."

She stood next to me.

"And yeah, it's not (Y/n)'s fault. So don't scold her, Lucas." She grumbled.

"Yeah, Lucas." I crossed my arms over my chest with a pout.

"Hi, Max." Dustin grinned in a dorky way. She leaned towards me and whispered. "What's wrong with your brother?"

I held up my hands and shook my head as if to say, "No idea."

Mike looked at me with a smile and a wave, and I walked over to him. He kissed me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Where's Will?" I asked.

"He'll be here." Mike said.

"Are you two just gonna stand there?" Lucas asked and handed us a stick to prod the bags with.

"All living things, from complex mammals to single-celled organisms, instinctively respond to danger. Expose a bacteria to a toxic chemical, and it will flee. Or deploy some other defense mechanism." Mr. Clarke was lecturing the class around 10am. We had finished way before class started.

I looked over to the seat next to Mike that was empty. Will wasn't here yet. I frowned, and Mike turned to look at me. He sent me a side-smile, but it faltered when I looked away.