The Gate (Part 3)

*third person pov*

"He can't know I'm here." Max said to Lucas worriedly. "He'll kill me. He'll kill us."

Steve realized then who her brother was.. The tires screeched on the asphalt, and the headlights were bright.

Billy shut the car off and he climbed out of the car with the cigar in his mouth. He saw Steve at the front of the porch. "Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy called out. Steve kept his hands on his hips.

"Yeah, it's me." Steve said. "Don't cream your pants."

Billy took off his jacket and shoved it inside. Then, he closed the door behind him. "What are you doing here, amigo?"

"I could ask you the same thing, amigo." They walked forward to meet up with each other. Both jocks flexed their biceps as they faced each other with one having a sinister look in his eyes, and the other fully prepared to protect.

"Looking for my stepsister." Billy answered, and Steve crossed his arms. "A little birdie told me she was here."

"Huh, that's weird. I don't know her."

"Small?" Billy pinched the two fingers together. "Redhead? Bit of a bitch?"

"Doesn't ring a bell." Steve pursed his lips. "Sorry, buddy."

Billy nodded, and removed the cigar from his mouth. "You know, I don't know, this..." He clicked his tongue. "This whole situation, Harrington. I-I don't know." He waved his hand around. "It's giving me the heebie-jeebies."

"Oh yeah?" Steve asked. "Why's that?"

"My 13-year old sister goes missing all day." Billy shrugged. "And then I find her with you in a stranger's house...And you lie to me about it."

Steve chuckled to himself. "Man, were you dropped too much as a child, or what?" Billy sent out a chuckle as well, as he licked his lips in a crazy way. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here." He shook his head.

Billy looked over to the window and started to put his cigar back in his mouth.

"Then, who is that?" Billy asked quietly.

They looked over to the window and the kids ducked.

"Oh, shit..." Steve turned back to him. "Listen-"

Steve was caught off guard when Billy knocked him to the ground. "I told you to plant your feet." Billy said, leaning over to him. He kept his hand on his buckle and kicked him right in the gut. Steve grunted in pain and tried not to puke. 

~~~

"Well, well, well." Billy said, walking in the house. He closed the door behind him and the kids backed away slowly. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max."

"Billy, go away." Max said.

"You disobeyed me, and you know what happens when you disobey me."

"Billy..." Max whimpered.

"I break things." Billy said, grabbing Lucas and hauling him up from the ground. Everyone started shouting in fear.

"Billy!" Max shouted. "Stop! Billy! Stop!"

Billy shoved Lucas up against the wall. "Lucas!" Mike exclaimed.

"Get off of me, you son of a-!" Lucas started to swear at him.

"Since Maxine won't listen to me, maybe you will." Billy grumbled. "You stay away from her." He pushed Lucas up against the cabinet again. "Stay away from her! You hear me?!"