The Mind Flayer (Part 5)

*(Y/n)'s POV*

After Mike and I had our conversation, he'd calm down. I had a feeling he was hiding something, but he wouldn't telling me anything.

Hopper uncapped the bleach bottle and crouched down to Will. He poured some of it into a cotton ball, and held it up to Will's nostril. He gasped awake.

Mike and I stayed with them, while the others were inside the house.

Mike held my hand while we waited for Will to wake up. He was awake, but trying to get a good look at every one of us. Will struggled against the tight rope. "What?" He muttered. "What? What is this?" He looked at me. "(Y/n), what is this? Why am I tied up?"

Mrs. Byers crouched down to him. "Will, we just wanna talk to you." She whispered and he looked at her. "We're not gonna hurt you."

"Where am I?" He demanded to ask.

Hopper crouched down beside Mrs. Byers and held up the drawing of the Mind Flayer. "You recognize this?" Hopper asked. "Do you recognize this?" Will shook his head, but he had a hint of worry on his face.

"Hey, we wanna help you." Mrs. Byers soothed. "But to do that, we have to understand how to kill it."

Will spooked all of us with a booming voice. "Why am I tied up?!" He asked, and I gasped. Mike kept me close to him. "Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?" Hopper tried to hold him down, but Will thrashed around. "Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?!"

"Hey, Mike-" I whispered to him, and we saw the lights flickering.

"Let me go!" Will screamed, his chair falling back down in place. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!"

His voice became distorted.

"Let me go!" He roared. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" He started to relax in Hopper's arms. "Let me go...Let me go..."

The lights finally stopped flickering, but we all just continued to watch in shock. Mrs. Byers sat in her chair.

"Do you know what March 22nd is?" She asked. "It's your birthday. Your birthday. When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons. Do you remember that? It was 120 colors." She bit her lip with a smile. "And all your friends, they got you Star Wars toys, but all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colors." Mike looked at me, as I had eyes full of tears, and he let my head fall on his shoulder. "And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie, it...it was your spaceship. A rainbow ship is what you called it." Will stared blankly at her. "And you must have used every color in the box. I took that with me to Melvald's and I put it up, and I told everyone who came in, "My son drew this." And you were so embarrassed. But I was so proud. I was so, so proud."

Jonathan's breath was shaky, but he stepped forward to bring up another memory. "Do you remember the day Dad left?" He asked, and Will looked up at him. He watched him crouch down to him. "We stayed up all night building Castle Byers..." I sniffled. "Just the way you drew it. And it took so long, because you were so bad at hammering. You'd miss the nail every time. And then it started raining, but we stayed out there anyway. We were both sick for like a week after that. But we just had to finish it, didn't we?" I could see a smile forming on Will's face, but it was still unrecognizable. "We just had to."

I stepped forward, letting Mike's hand go. "Do you remember the first day that I joined the party, Will?" I asked and he turned to me. His eyes gazed upon mine. "You were the only one who wasn't against a girl joining the party." I chuckled, and so did Mike, because he was the first one that was against it. "Mike and I bickered so much about it that you also started to call us an "old married couple" with my brother and Lucas. Dustin and his mom adopted me four years ago, and fast forward to two years later, I met you. You were sick of Mike and I bickering, that you just stood up for me. You were saying, "She's a girl that loves DnD, Mike, and honestly, we could use a mage"." I helped get us through one of the earlier campaigns Mike had set up one night and we won, Will, because you believed in me."