Mad Max (Part 4)

*edited as of 6.29.2022*

*Y/n)'s POV*

Dustin and Lucas were out behind a car in the parking lot scoping out for Max. I leaned my back against a car door, looking at my cuticles. "Still no sign?" Dustin asked.

Lucas, with the binoculars said, "Jack shit."

"(Y/n), what are you doing?" Dustin asked and I looked up to see him an eyebrow raised.

"Just watching you two gawk like idiots." I said. "Plus, I don't want to be any part of this. I don't like spying. You both realize how wrong this is."

"Oh, dammit." Dustin ignored me and checked his watch. "Mom is gonna murder us."

"So, go home, guys." Lucas said, turning to with a shrug. "I'll radio when she comes." I raised an eyebrow at him. Lucas was being awfully generous today-.

"Oh yeah, nice try." Dustin said before I could. "You just want us out of here so you can make your move."

Of course he was. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, 'cause you're such a threat." Lucas said.

"That's right." Dustin grinned, and he showed us his teeth. "She will not be able to resist these pearls."

Lucas and I made a disgusted face and turned away as he purred.

"What's wrong with your brother?" Lucas asked me.

I started to answer, until Dustin's eyes widened. "Ten o'clock, guys. Ten o'clock."

"What?" Lucas asked as Dustin shook him. He pointed to the car rolling up to the arcade. "Oh!" He put up the binoculars.

We watched her screaming back at someone in the car.

"They're arguing." Lucas reported. "They're arguing!"

"Is that what that was? I had no idea." Lucas glared at me. "Obviously, we see that, Lucas. I don't even know why you need those."

"God, you're so stupid." Dustin said.

I watched as the redheaded girl slam the door shut and gave the man a middle finger. I wondered if they were siblings.

The two boys were still gazing at what just happened. "Wow," I said, then I snapped my fingers in front of their faces. They blinked several times back to reality. "Right, so if you two are done drooling over the new girl, let's go join her-."

The boys started to panic a little after listening to my plan. They both grabbed my wrists and pulled me back.

"Geeze, what's wrong with you two?"

"That's gonna totally jeopardize this whole plan of ours!" Lucas said.

I rolled my eyes and decided to walk inside the arcade. My brother and Lucas were scrambling to catch up to me, fumbling over panicked words.

I wanted to introduce myself to Max. It just didn't feel right spying on her. The boys caught up to me and pulled me back into a booth. We just watched her focus on the game.

"She's..." Dustin said, and Lucas and I sat back in our seats.

"Mad Max." The three of us said with a grin.

~~~

Later that night, we headed home.

"Mike?" I had taken Dustin's headphones from him. "Mike? Do you copy?"

"Hello?" He answered, the static crackling.

"Mike, it's me, (Y/n), you know, your girlfriend?" I pouted. "What are you doing on this channel again? We've been trying to reach you all day. We were right. Max is Mad Max!"