the fight never stops - a letter

last night i closed my eyes and went to sleep as a woman being safe guarded by the law that was put in place to keep my rights as a woman protected, but today as of june 24th i woke up as woman living in a country that had now turned their backs on my own people.

i am uncertain and fearful for the fact that my future as a woman is being threatened simply due to the inability to separate religion and state. it is grossly shameful that my mother can say she had more rights as a woman back then than i do now as a 20 something in today's America.

this overturn is not a question of morality, it is not a question of whether abortion is right or wrong, it is the clear message to women all across America that OUR bodies are not our own to make choices for.

to the young girls who are being molested, the young women who have been raped, the women who want to create life but that life cannot survive within you, the women who miscarry, the women who are standing between life & death, your country has told you today that it does not matter your circumstances; you are being denied the right to choose.

i sit at my laptop in tears, as someone who relies on contraception to regulate my painful and grueling periods, as someone who is sexually active, and as someone who does have sexual trauma, i am fearful of what could possibly be waiting for me these next coming weeks, months, and years as our government works tirelessly to overturn or deny us basic rights as human beings.

my heart shatters for younger girls who will grow up in this lifetime and be told that an assault rifle now has more rights than a living breathing being.

fight.

fight.

fight.

there is power in numbers and whether or not you believe your voice matters, i tell you today it does.

for decades and across multiple movements, the thing that got us to where we are today is the use of your voice; your voice is FIRE.

burn this bitch to the ground with it.

if you are in a state that has unfortunately started a trigger ban on both abortion and implementing contraception bans i will link resources, get to know your neighbors, help one another, and stand by each other bravely and strongly.

i ask many other writers here on wattpad to share and amplify others voices, whether you live in the states or not, spread the word and stand by your sisters and fight.

LINKS TO RESOURCES:

links to funds to protect abortions: 

www.yellowhammerfund.com

www.airtable.com/shrLw8oy9UTIPkpxv

www.weareplannedparenthood.org/onlineactions/

inks to reproductive justice orgs:

www.sistersong.net

www.latinainstitute.org

www.theafiyacenter.org/about-us

other ways & extra resources:

STAY INFORMED! - www.prochoiceamerica.org/media/reports-fact-sheets/

ENGAGE IN YOUR COMMUNITY & CONTACT YOUR STATE REPS

DELETE PERIOD TRACKING APPS & YOUR DATA - (FLO, HEALTH APP, AND ETC.)

DONATE TO YOUR LOCAL CLINICS

AND NEVER STOP FIGHTING.

with love,

V

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑎 𝑛𝑒𝑤 𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 * 𝑏𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑖 🎉