Present (After casita fell)

September 195X

Mirabel's P.O.V.

It's been months since Casita crumbled, I finally had my overdue talk with Abuela, along with Tío Bruno returning to the family, and things have never been better.

A young girl, with glasses, is working on a white dress. A look of focus is visible on her face. 'Hola, my name is Mirabel Madrigal and this is the story of how I...'

"Mirabel time for breakfast!" Mí Tía shouts from the bottom of the stairs.

"Coming!" I pause my work, head out of my room and rush down the steps to join my family at the table. "Morning Abuelo!"

"Buenos días everyone!" I greeted as I approached the table, "Morning Mirabel!" they said as I sat down at the table with them.

Ever since Casita was rebuilt my family has grown and no I don't mean new babies. After my Abuela realized her mistakes and apologized we were all able to move forward and heal. Which has allowed us to grow into better versions of ourselves. Luisa is more relaxed and has time for hobbies. My relationship with Isabella has gotten better since she stopped trying to be perfect for Abuela. Dolores is happily dating Mariano, they're so in love, and the best part is they had time to get to know each other. I can't wait for the wedding. Cause knowing Mariano he's probably ready to pop the question.

Camilo is still Camilo but he has matured as well. "Camilo stop shapeshifting to get seconds you're not fooling anyone," said Tío Felix to Camilo who is shaped as Isabella, "Still worth it," he said as he shifted back to himself as Casita's shutters hit him, "All right I'll ask next time. Kill joy."

More or less. My tía Pepa has calmed down as well which you can tell by the rainbows outside Casita. My Tío Félix is glad to see her more content with herself. My Abuela Alma has eased up which is great because Antonio can now have more time to explore his new gift. Don't get me wrong she still runs the show but not as strictly as before. Besides she's been busy making up for lost time with tío Bruno since he came back. The town is still weary of him but not as bad as before it's more like they're trying to avoid saying something important. My mom is still healing people but only with serious injuries and my dad helps to deliver the food to people so my mom can relax at home. Of course, we all pitch in to help with the deliveries since we all move around the town. 🤭

We even began taking turns on who cooks so Mama can have a break. Some of us are pretty good at it. Others could work on it.

As we are all enjoying our food Abuela taps her glass to gather everyone's attention, "Thank you. Now does anyone have any plans for today?" she said with a calm demeanor and an excited smile. We may not have impossible expectations anymore but we still have jobs to help our community. Still, it's nice she's including other topics in the conversation. Everyone answered her and unlike in previous meals they were more excited and honest with sharing.

After Pepa and Isabella help with the crops, they're going to help Dolores prepare for the Guzman's visit. Luisa's strength isn't needed today for anything but will walk around town to see if something comes up and then head to her book club. Papa and Mama will make deliveries and I'll be helping tío Bruno & Camilo babysit. The kids in town really like his rat shows. Who knew? I thought. Félix and Antonio we'll be trailing along the vet to help the animals. Then Tónito is going to play with his friends when he's done.